Wednesday, September 03, 2008

What Have I Done To Deserve This?

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God. I have always been a very good girl, and also plain Lucky. You see, two lovely lasses whom I'm Lucky to now call my close mates, had actually bought it for me. Sure, I blogged about my lust for it earlier but never in my wildest dream did I think anyone would even take it seriously. Now, I’d make sure my special someone gets the hint of course but I didn’t expect my lovely, thoughtful mates to get it for me. And because it was not yet available in KL (I only found out it had reached KL shores a fortnight ago and was thinking I’d get it at the next Isetan sale), my buddies actually considered purchasing it online, scouring eBay and whatnot. They then changed their minds and decided to obtain it in Europe.

Oh. My. God. They went to all that trouble just for me? They spent that much money just on me? What can I do to deserve more such thoughtful, kind, lovely people as my buddies? That is just The Sweetest Thing anyone has done to me in a while. Their very thoughtfulness is enough to make my eyes swim.

I was so shocked and surprised and delighted when I received the gift, I kissed one of them deeply. Now, that shouldn’t be weird or unusual but we don’t show Phileo Love often enough - our society is too conservative for such an open display of affection although pecks on the cheek are common enough (though to some, it’s more a process of almost rubbing cheeks and kissing the air – if you have one of those, then I don’t think it’s an exchange with a close mate). I would kiss the other lassie too but I’ll probably just embarrass her.

I am such a lucky bunny. Thank you, God, thank you for my mates. I am so blessed, I am (and I’m not only just saying this because of the gift). And thank you buddies, for making me feel special (continue indulging me), for your thoughtfulness and for being Simply The Best.

I love you, girlfriends!


~~~~~~~~

Fàbregas was voted as Arsenal.com’s Player of the Season and received his award before the match against Newcastle.