Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Fourth Of July Weekend

The weekend started early. My mate came down at 10 something on Friday morning bearing a package and wished me happy birthday. I let out an ‘Oh s***’ - a little inappropriately I know. Turned out the ‘package’ contained a birthday cake (which she ordered) and a container of jelly pudding which she made herself. She had wanted the birthday cake to look like a Scrabble board but it didn’t quite turn out that way. Anyway, we had lovely cake and jelly - I forbade them to sing me Happy Birthday as it was not my birthday yet! - on top of the nasi lemak breakfast courtesy of an acquaintance who celebrated her birthday the day before.





Headed off to the airport at lunchtime and met up with my parents. We then boarded the afternoon flight to Phuket. Arrived at the hotel after 5 and rested.

Woke up early on Saturday morning as today, we would be taking a boat trip to Phi Phi Island located to the south-east of Phuket Island. The boat set off at 8.30 am and it took more than an hour to get to Phi Phi. It was a lazy day out in the boat and we had lunch at Phi Phi before heading back. Those who wanted to swim or snorkel could do so at another island that we visited.

Sunday was spent shopping with my parents. Also had a facial (with light massage thrown in) before heading back to the hotel. Started to feel some pain in my neck literally after that and it gradually became worse.

Returned back to KL on Monday and while everything was on time, we had to wait a blinking hour before we were reunited with our bags. Hence we only reached KL when most people were also braving the evening traffic on their way back from work.

Dang it, my neck still hurts. But it was a good weekend nevertheless. Thanks to everyone who wished me Happy Birthday!





This puss doesn’t have everything of course. At the moment she is lusting after Gucci by Gucci - and has been lusting after it since sighting it in Europe - though it hasn’t yet reached Malaysian shores (and stores).


Any takers?

P.S. Bloody hell, this idiot was also born on the 6th of July!

~~~~~~~~

There is a circus in Malaysia at the moment and it revolves around political backstabbing complete with murder, the statutory declaration which was retracted a day later etc, etc. I think this other blogger does a better job at telling it. For more of the stinking ‘S’ story, go here and here – because we know that mainstream media is biased.

~~~~~~~~

Fantastic drive by Lewis Hamilton at the British Grand Prix but alas at Wimbledon, Federer was overcome by Nadal.