Friday, October 03, 2014

#30Stays: Life-Changing Trip

This is a tough one. I think all trips will change us somewhat: change our perception, add to our experience and enrich our life. I would like to say that my Haj trip was a life-changing trip but I’m still learning - even now - how to better myself, because to me, we should continuously learn to improve ourselves. Backpacking in Europe when I was an undergraduate helped change me to become more confident and independent but it took me some time before I was brave enough to undertake my first solo trip to Prague and a few years before I embarked on a solo fortnight-long trip to a few Eastern European countries. I would like to say they have all changed me but I know I’m still somewhat reserved in striking up conversation with fellow hostellers but I know I can improve on this.