Monday, March 23, 2009

My Spring Equinox Weekend

I had been looking for a hat for a few weeks now. It wasn’t easy to find a store besides Axxezz that sells a hat. Apart from a hat that will not make me look strange, I wanted something that is fashionable (and yet without those shiny buckles and fancy bows) and yet stylishly simple (I know, I know, I have tough criteria). I want something practical and yet functional (and can keep me from the sun or more importantly unwanted UV exposure). I finally managed to buy one on Saturday at Isetan - after trying dozens on (hey it wasn’t easy to find one that will not make me look ridiculous or strange).

It was also a sunny, bright and scorching weekend – if you ever need proof of global warming, the current daily temperatures should do. Headed back to my parents’ after my hat purchase.

Watched Fulham disposed off ManUre (funny, the very Devils who were red-carded were the ones to score against Fulham in their earlier clash and even ‘funnier’ was that the visitors also thrashed Fulham four goals to nil in their FA Cup encounter a fortnight ago) and then watched a bit of the boring London derby (Spuds against Chelshit). ManUre and Chelshit have now both lost four and five matches respectively; Arsenal have lost in five matches too and yet we were condemned like anything. And we have drawn in the same number of matches as Liverpool, but yet we were criticised like it was the end of the season for us already. Of course, a few short weeks ago, we were on the brink of trailing the Villains by eight blinking points but how our fortunes have changed since (and no, I’m not complaining!).

I didn’t watch the Newcastle-Arsenal
match because it only kicked off at 1730 GMT and only caught the highlights on Football Extra. Almunia saved a penalty in a goalless first half before the goals started coming in in the second half with four goals scored in ten minutes. At the end, it was Toon gloom. And Arsenal are the only team to be left unbeaten so far in 2009.





BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Arsenal's Andrey Arshavin 7.93 (on 90 minutes).
Mirror also rates him MOTM. By the way, did you know that Liverpool and Man Sh*tty also tried to get Shava?




Just to share some news of the Cesc spit spat: UEFA have backed Cesc’s claim that he didn’t spit at Ballack and even Bayern München leapt to Cesc’s defence. Wenger has said Arsenal will cooperate to any investigation (and that is all we want to say about the allegation) and that he has no intention of stopping his players from going on the pitch after games at the Emirates.

Arsenal were drawn to play with the Yellow Submarine in the Quarter-Finals of the Champions League (I’m happy and so is
Pires. Now if only ManUre were drawn to play with Barcelona...). We had met them before – and we were also fighting for fourth spot then. If Arsenal advance to the last four of the Champions League they will face ManUre or Porto. So it could be an all-English or an all-Spanish final. What is definite is that there will not be a Liverpool-Chelshit final.