Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Betrayal


I have experienced betrayal these past few weeks. I feel that Arsenal have betrayed me with their indifferent shitty performance and although I have stopped watching them play a few months back, I still follow what little news I can. I don’t remain ignorant and am continually surprised with every new level that they can sink down to. The players should really feel ashamed of themselves for letting themselves, the manager, the club and the fans down. And Wenger should feel ashamed of himself too, of his continued blind support of his players. Something’s gotta give and soon. No one person is bigger than the club, be it player or manager and it seems Wenger has lost the dressing room. He looks to have lost his touch, to be unable to get the best out of his players, to have lost the confidence of his players. He should just do the right thing and step down because he clearly doesn’t have the solution or any idea of any solution.

I don’t want to touch too much on the ‘celebrity’ who launched her new collection at a night club because I don’t care for her. All I want to say is she had made her choice and stood by it and will face the consequences, good or bad. For us, talking about fitnah is already fitnah for us. She’s not the first hijabi to sell out to dunia for materialistic gain and won’t be the last. This is her trial from Allah. We should just keep quiet and make prayers for her. What we should learn from all this is to be afraid that we could be next: selling out to dunia and not even realising it. Let’s hope we won’t be betraying our own faith in return for some cheap glamour and low level gimmick. There’s always the right place and right time to spread dakwah and not at a maksiat place.

I have also been betrayed by another ‘celebrity’ who blocked me from his Instagram and all because I shared the following which my dad drums into me:

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: Allah has cursed Khamr (intoxicants – alcohol, wine etc.): the one who drinks it, the one who pours it for others, the one who sells it, the one who buys it, the one who makes it, the one who it is made for, the one who carries it, the one who it is carried to and the one who consumes the money from its sale.

You don’t have to like what I shared because I didn’t make the ruling. If you’re so open minded as you claim to be with the numerous photos you shared of you and your friends from diverse background, then why couldn’t you accept this? I have noticed that this person always blocks those whose opinions he disagrees with. He also labels those he disagrees with as ‘Sakai’. Wow, as if being racist and labelling others is so open-minded and tolerable! Well, no big deal to me. But mister, you just betrayed your so-called high tolerance for others. What, you can be tolerant of other religions but the minute you’re reminded of the restrictions of your own religion, you get angry and intolerant and block people?

In the Middle East, Assad continued to betray his people by continually attacking and bombing Ghouta. Children are killed every day. Hospitals and schools are ruined. Assad has become modern-day Hitler. And the rest of the world has also betrayed the people of Syria who are under the tyrant rule of Assad. We abandon them to their fate. So what if they have been living in basement for weeks and starving? We said never again after Srebrenica. Well, it happened again in Grozny, and in Homs, in Darayya, Madaya, Aleppo, Raqqah, Idlib and again and again in Eastern Ghouta. We’ve turned a blind eye to Syria, Yemen, Palestine. We have betrayed our own brothers and sisters.

And last but not least, I have again been betrayed, lied and deceived to by someone I thought I was close to. I don’t know what other level this person will sink to, if he expects me to keep forgiving him and giving him a second chance. I don’t know what friendship allows for deceit and lies. This person claimed he didn’t want me to object to his plans and that he was afraid of my disapproval and disagreement. Well, we must have not been as close as I thought if he was too afraid to be honest with me in the first place. I feel disrespected and taken for granted because my opinion was not sought and my consent was not obtained. Worse, his deceit has caused me problem in turn because I could not fulfil my obligation to someone else. I feel like someone yanked the carpet from underneath me and it’s all I can do to hang on and try very hard not to fall.

Despair, resignation, anger, hurt, pain, numb. Being betrayed gives you all that and more.