Thursday, June 25, 2015

Ramadan Ramblings

I don’t think I’m incorrect in saying that we girls are an insecure lot. We keep seeking reassurance of how we look and even we are assured that we look pretty, fine and dandy, we are still not satisfied with the answer (because hey being pretty is not as good as being gorgeous or beautiful). We wonder if the person we ask is being truthful or just tactful, we scrutinise ourselves critically in the mirror trying to find fault with our poor selves, and even if everyone says we look good, we don’t want to believe it. We refuse to accept we are good enough, we compare ourselves relentlessly to celebrities, and we keep thinking ‘If only my eyes are bigger, my nose sharper, my mouth fuller, my cheekbones more pronounced, etc etc etc’. In short, there is just no satisfying us. And you know, you can’t quite blame us for being insecure when we are constantly bombarded by advertisements, articles, documentaries of how an ideal girl looks like, never mind that we are made up of different genetics, body statures, observe different diets, do different jobs, come from different backgrounds and live in different environments.

To make it worse, we also have those mean spiteful malicious women who look down on and put other women down. They are not happy to see others happy and content with themselves; no, instead they are intent on destroying other girls because they are insecure, unhappy and discontent themselves. Why? Why can’t the fairer sex be true to its name and be true and fair to fellow females? Why are we our own worst enemies? Why don’t we help each other, encourage each other and pick someone who’s fallen down instead of pushing her down further? It’s bad enough that we can never have it right: a thin girl is slated for being thin and encouraging others to observe poor eating habits and less-than-normal lifestyle, while an overweight girl is criticised for neglecting herself, for not taking good care of herself and for not living a healthy lifestyle.

It’s not wrong to be insecure; after all, girls are known for their insecurities. It is wrong though to be so insecure with oneself that one resorts to putting others down just so that one would look better. It’s not wrong to envy someone for looking good as long as it prompts us to better ourselves too. But it is wrong to be harsh and critical of another. I believe a beautiful person is one who is beautiful on the inside as well as the outside and someone who is spiteful, malicious and mean is not beautiful to me no matter how gorgeous on the outside s/he is.

So girls, let’s strive to be our best, bring out the beautiful girls that’s within ourselves. Be confident of yourself and don’t let anyone stop you from realising your dreams. Don’t let anyone’s criticism or harsh words bring you down. Exercise, get enough sleep, observe a healthy lifestyle, follow a healthy diet, and be kind to everyone else.

~~~~~~~~

Peter Cech to Arsenal? I don’t know what to make of this. I don’t trust the Chav club owner or the despicable manager at all to believe they would sell him to us. And if we get him, what will happen to Ospina or Szcz? But what do I know. I don’t know if I want him, if he’s going to be such an upgrade to our current goalies. Sure, he was a decent one but he hasn’t been a regular starter for the Chavs of late.

~~~~~~~~

I think it’s time to update my Bagaholic post. I’ll get around to it. In the meantime, I seriously want these bags. Sponsors and donations are welcome. Yes, I know that there are a lot of people more in need of the bare necessities like those affected by the quake in Nepal and Ranau, Sabah. And yes, I’ve done my little bit to help them. It’s not wrong to covet a couple of bags, yes?





~~~~~~~~


It’s a week into Ramadan today and I trust it’s not too late to wish you Ramadan Kareem.