Friday, March 18, 2011

I Say A Little Prayer

My heart and prayers go out to all the brave and resilient Japanese with all that have befallen Japan. There are many on-going relief activities that we can make contribution to (including this), to help alleviate their suffering.

I was incensed, shocked and not at all amused to find these comments from white trash people. What the hell? Look, we were invaded by the Japanese too during WW II but that was a long time ago. I know a few countries that begrudge (still) Japan for WW II (China and Korea to name just two) but come on. It reminds me of the 2002 European floods which among others affected Germany – well, some white trash people also commented that Germany deserved it for what the Germans did during WW II. So was it OK to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Was it OK to invade Iraq? Is it OK to continue to have presence in Afghanistan?




When Mummy left, I thought my world had ended or close to it. But the Japanese, they lost their families, homes, possessions all in the blink of an eye. How do people stay strong in such trying circumstances? To lose so much in such a short time... I can’t even begin to imagine how/if I can cope. The whole thing has been humbling and sobering. Be strong my Nihonjin tomodachi.


Arsenal’s new Japanese signing Ryo Miyaichi sending a message to Japan after last Sunday’s Feyenoord match against NAC Breda. Go here for his video message

‘Ganbare Nihon, Ganbare Tohoku’ meaning ‘Don’t give up, Japan, don’t give up North East region.’


~~~~~~~~

In trying times as this, it’s hard to give anything else much focus. In fact, almost everything else pales in comparison. I just have one thing to say: Welcome back, Brother Leman aka Mad Jens! Heh.


Let’s smile for the camera and pretend we’re friends. Do it or I’ll piss on you!


And I don’t think it’s too late to wish my Irish friends Happy St Patrick’s Day (yes, I know it was yesterday). Éirinn go Brách!