Thursday, July 01, 2010

July

July, from the Très Riches Heures du Duc de Berry: The shearing of the sheep. In the background is the Château du Clain near Poitiers
Caius Julius Caesar in the Jupiter Room of the Hermitage, Saint Petersburg. Caesar was born on 13 July 100 B.C.

I love July. I love that it’s named after Julius Caesar. I love it despite it being a 31-day month with no public holidays sandwiched anywhere in between. I love it simply because I was born in this month (well, I’m sure I’m not alone in loving a month merely because I was born in that month). I find that my shopping expenditure peaks in July as I buy more things and treat myself more this month (my belief is that if you’re not going to treat yourself, no one else will. If you’re not going to love yourself, no one else will. And there’s nothing wrong in pampering oneself). In fact, I have been taking leave on my birthday for the past few years. Hey, it’s my birthday and I’m not going to work on my birthday!

And what do you know, there are five different covers to the July issue of the British GQ magazine and one of them is none other than Señor Cesc Fàbregas himself. I’m still awaiting for my copy as Aunty couldn’t find it in either London or Manchester (what was left were those with Rio Ferdinand on the cover – shows how little in demand he is eh). I actually scoured the bookstores in KL looking for one (unfortunately, most bookstores stock the US GQ and one even stock the Indian GQ). With luck, I should be getting my hands on it soon - I hope ;)

As I’m in a generous mood, I’m sharing you pictures of Cesc sans beard from the magazine.