Friday, April 30, 2010

One Or The Other

Pharmacy, Health and Beauty Provider
Guardian Pharmacy most definitely. I like the ambience, the display, the wide range of options. And it doesn’t just sell health and beauty products; it also sells travel-related items. One thing I can’t stand though is the presence of hawk-like over-zealous promoters from the various pharmaceutical companies.

TV Drama: Navy NCIS or NCIS LA
I was excited when I saw NCIS LA was coming to our screens and even more when I learnt that Chris O’Donnell would feature. Several episodes since and I still am not convinced. Navy NCIS is great though: I laugh out loud every time I watch it. Just like I do when watch House.

TV Drama – Forensic Science: CSI Vegas, New York or Miami
Definitely the first two for me. I don’t watch CSI Miami. There are some characters in there that I don’t like.

Brands
For brands, it’s Italian for me, baby! Italians are and have always been great inventors (da Vinci and Michelangelo come to mind) and they have great style. But if you ask me, European or American brands, it’s European for me. I don’t fancy American brands like Cole Haan and Coach. I do wear Guess footwear though.

Grocery Shopping
Well, we all need to eat, don’t we. I try to cook even though it’s some simple dish because I want to control what I eat, how it’s prepared, the amount of sodium that goes in etc. I used to go to the farmers’ market (the produce cost less and are fresher) but the greengrocer who used to have a stall there has long since relocated to another site. So I get my supply from Sogo because it’s the nearest supermarket. I find Giant doesn’t stock fresh fruits and vegetables; instead they’re content to display over-ripe decaying fruits and vegetables. As for vegetarian meat, Isetan KLCC supermarket (not Isetan Lot 10 though) and Giant Ampang Point carry a considerable stock.

Football Team
AC Milan any day over Internazionale, and Barcelona over Real Madrid (I hate the diving cheating players though, c’mon Barcelona, we expect more from you. Even your fans don’t want you to win playing like that). I can’t decide who I dislike more or hate less: ManUre or Chelshit. As much as I can’t stand Moanrinho, kudos to Internazionale for prevailing against Barcelona despite suffering harassment and dirty tricks, playing in front of noisy home supporters, playing majority of the match with only ten men, and possessing less 30% of the play. Heck, they even had sprinklers turned on when they were celebrating their progress to the CL final (stay ‘classy’, Barcelona). For once, I don’t respect Barcelona and its supporters. No, wait, make it the second time, after that comment about Cesc. I hope the Spanish team at the World Cup won’t be all that bad.

Anyway, I still prefer Arsenal the best ;) No contest.

Random Confession: I have a soft spot for Aaron Kelly (American Idol) and hope his journey will continue on. As for The Amazing Race, I had earlier rooted for married couple Joe and Heidi then I rooted for father/daughter team Steve and Allie before stopping to root for anyone figuring I’m only jinxing anyone I root for. I’m now settling on cowboy brothers Jet and Cord and brothers Dan and Jordan. C’mon brothers!