Thursday, April 29, 2010

It’s A Greek Tragedy

I’ve been following the Greek financial tragedy for some months now with interest (excuse the pun). Well, I’m not an expert and certainly don’t know much but I know enough that debt-stricken Greece’s credit rating has been downgraded to ‘junk’ status and that some other Eurozone countries (namely some of the Club Med countries) may follow suit. You may read more on Greece’s greasy economic woes and what it can do here and here.

The only positive thing (well, for us outside the Eurozone anyway) is that the Euro has been depreciating for some time now. Sorry if this sounds ‘tasteless’ but this is one of those situations where one person’s loss is another person’s gain. Where the Ringgit traded above MYR5 for every Euro just 365 days ago, it now trades around MYR4.32 against the Euro.

And I’m waiting for it to depreciate further.

~~~~~~~~

Well, well, it looks like the Italian Job will be tested by German efficiency. Bayern Munich will face Internazionale in the Champions League final. I prefer AC Milan to Internazionale any day and hence hope Bayern Munich will win.

~~~~~~~~

Collected my passport yesterday morning. It’s now 48-page thick and the pages have pictures of the country’s monuments in there. I’m determined to put it to good use seeing that I parted with RM300 (hefty! I can fly somewhere with that kind of money) and especially since I ‘lost’ six months when I renewed it before expiry. InsyaAllah. Amen.