Thursday, April 08, 2010

The Last Kiss

My brother passed away at 2315 hours Tuesday night, some twelve months after being diagnosed with the dreaded C-disease. His strength, determination and strong perseverance in battling the disease had been admirable and exemplary. He fought until the end and he left in peace.

While I’m deeply sad and grieve greatly over his passing, I’m thankful that he no longer needs to suffer and that his end was swift and peaceful. He looked calm and at peace.

We all came to pay him our last respect yesterday – he sure had a lot of friends - and it was all I could do to stop the tears from falling when I leant over to give him one last kiss. Alhamdulillah, the burial ceremony went smoothly and he was laid to rest just after 10 am (OK, I lost track of time).

Allah SWT loves him more. May his soul be blessed and placed in Al-Jannah. We will cherish the memories of him. My prayers and thoughts will always be with him. May he rest in peace now. Amin.

God, I miss him already. Al-Fatihah.