Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Soul Gamble

It was a frozen show on Saturday. Arsenal didn’t play well and there was no repeat of a 6-1 thrashing of the Toffees. We were lucky to salvage a point but I would have preferred them winning of course to keep within touch of Chelsh*t. And there went our game in hand. Bahhh.

Almost two weeks into January 2010 and I was thinking last night who Wenger will actually buy (if he does at all); he said he’s not selling anyone and yet, and yet, Senderos wants to leave. Tuned into the sports channel this morning and was shocked to hear that he will gamble to bring back Sol into the team. He even played in the reserves team against the Hammers last night which we won 4-2 (and Emmanuel-Thomas scored a hat-trick). Good move or not and why not Vieira instead (maybe because Wenger is satisfied with Sol’s fitness having seen him train with the Gunners for a few months now)? We’ll just have to wait and see.

And guess who else was in an Arsenal shirt? Why, the captain of Togo (who is out of the African Cup of Nations) who was also an ex-Arsenal player, that’s who – in an interview too, mind you.

Wenger had written to the Spanish giants to warn them off his players but had received no response. Such courtesy, I tell you. And speaking of my baby, he has been braving the snow to make his comeback ;’) but no pictures of him seem to be available although those of his team-mates are.

~~~~~~~~

Some time last year, I was offered a free-for-life gold credit card from one of the local banks (X bank). Thinking it might come in handy, I said yes. The said card never arrived although apparently it was couriered to my workplace. Finally I called the bank to cancel the card.

Last week, I received a call on my mobile (ID withheld) from a Chinese guy who asked if I owned an X-bank card. I told him the card never arrived and I’d cancelled it. He told me instead that an amount of RM2,400 was charged against the card. When I pressed him further, he hung up. I immediately called the bank and was assured that the card had indeed been cancelled. I thought that was the end of it but this morning, I received another call (ID withheld again), this time from a Malay lady. Again, I was asked if I owned an X-bank credit card and again I was informed that RM2,400 had been spent using the card. Another call to an X-bank personnel confirmed that the card had well and truly been cancelled.

How on earth did these people get my number, how did they know I almost had a card from X bank and why did they both quote RM2,400 as the amount having been charged? I’m almost regretting saying yes to the card in the first place now.

~~~~~~~~

It looks like it will be a month of repairs: sent my chain for repair on Saturday. Next will have to repair my induction cooker – have called up the technician and he promised to revert. I also want to change the lens of my sunglasses – it costs me less than buying a new pair altogether (although I did buy a pair of sunnies on Sunday!). I still haven’t got back the Samsonite I sent for repair in early December though.