Thursday, December 03, 2009

Rainy Days

It’s the rainy season here in this part of the world and I got quite drenched this morning coming to work. No complaints though: getting a little wet doesn’t hurt although I won’t deny it’s a brief inconvenience. It’s the dark, (slightly) cold, long evenings like these that remind me of winter (no, I don’t miss winter. Having said that, I don’t mind the cold - as long as it’s not too cold).

Hopefully my days of spending long hours in the office are over for now (well, until the next nightmare begins that is). I attended a meeting on Tuesday and was able to return home quite early (such rarity these days) so much so I decided to send my trolley bag off for repair - at long last - I guess I must have looked a sight with the trolley bag in a carrier bag in one arm. Dropped by BSC on the way home and am happy to report that despite being in my sports attire, I was accepted warmly in the shops – and even ended up spending. No complaints and no regrets, I think I got very good bargains from the two stores I visited. It rained as I walked home so I was glad of the brolly. Again, I must have made a sight - in my sports attire, walking briskly at almost 8 pm in the rain with my brolly.

Three more weeks to Christmas and most of the shopping centres are already decked out in elegant Christmas decorations. I don’t celebrate and yet I am in the mood to shop (am I ever not in the mood?!) and envisage and look forward to more (window) shopping days ahead: I definitely need to buy a camera pronto. I’ve been borrowing from a mate for the past two trips and it’s getting embarrassing having to keep borrowing. Dragged myself to a nearby ‘mall’ lunchtime yesterday to browse and plan to check out another plaza in BB on Saturday. The thing about purchasing gadgets in the city is it’s better to pay in cash as credit card transactions cost about 2% more. And I’m not one keen to pay an extra amount if it can be obtained for less.

Three more weeks to Christmas and today I feel like a stuffed turkey, like a non-stop eating machine. Had some lovely laksa and durian cake this morning (yum!) despite knowing a scrumptious lunch was waiting, courtesy of my lovely Peach. Thanks love.

~~~~~~~~

Well, we got knocked out of the Mickey Mouse cup. No surprises there. Hey, Chelshit lost too. C’mon Arsenal, let’s pick ourselves up and start scoring again. We must stop dwelling on the past, learn from them, yes, but move on in our battle. And oh, will there be a Ruud awakening? Golly. Ian Wright seems to think so. Good move or bad? In the meantime, anyone else wants a tattoo removal? (Beckham comes to mind!)