Monday, December 07, 2009

Deal Or No Deal

I was in the mood for shopping on Friday (and after last Friday, there is only one more working Friday left to the year!) but met up instead with my old roommate for lunch. There were so many people thronging KLCC, what with it being school hols and all. Prada and Gucci have started their sale but I found the Gucci sale a bit disappointing. Anyway, if you don’t already know it, the discount for the first few weeks of Gucci sale is only 30%; it’s always better to shop there in January and end-July/early-August (for winter and summer sale respectively) when the older stock is brought out for clearance. Now that’s what I call a real deal. As it turned out, I did do some damage to my plastic after work on Friday.

On Saturday, I surprised myself with a camera purchase; yes, I was looking for one but I was surprised that I made the decision quite fast. This is not usual for me and a few hours later, I was almost kicking myself for the hasty purchase as I found the same model at KLCC Convention Centre at a much significantly lower price, a whole new unit and in the colour that I much prefer. WTFK indeed. Note to self: always, always, always shop around first. Like I said, I always do this so I don’t know what came over me on Saturday. Not a good deal at all *sigh*

My aunt (and almost the whole clan of her family) came to visit on Sunday. It’s been years since I last saw/met her as she resides in the southern state now. A brief visit it was and I’m not much of a conversationalist among relatives. Wonder when/if we’ll meet again.

~~~~~~~~

We hosted the Potters on Saturday (the match was not shown live; the Blackburn-Liverpool match was shown instead and I watched it hoping that they’d show any goals scored. For some strange reason, most other goals from other matches were shown but not those scored at the Emirates. Grrr...). We were a depleted team (heck,
shrinking and some say no threat at all); we don’t have a striker (what with Dudú out – though he’s been dismal of late - and Bendtner still not back) and were vertically challenged (compared to the Potters’ side which played to defend); Cesc, in the year’s top five players, missed a penalty (his taking it showed how short we are of attacking options); but Shava put mind over muscle and hit the height. Let’s hope he turns his frustration over Russia’s exit from the World Cup to helping Arsenal win and win – though how strange would the World Cup be without the diminutive Russian.

It was also the match where the Russian scored his century of goals, Cesc played his 250th match for Arsenal, Wenger in charge of the
500th game as Arsenal manager and the century of games played at the Emirates. Unfortunately, we have more players added to walking wounded, Rosický included. This is a big, big deal for us: last year we were rocked by defensive injuries, this year, we are rocked by both defensive and offensive injuries.


A special guest was there, still as dapper as ever
Poor baby. Better luck next time, honey. It was a weekend of penalty misses anyway
The Russian hits his century of goals



What a cutie pie he is. Only his second Premier League goal though. More to come hopefully


I share Wenger’s about shaking hands after any match. His opinion is that ‘despite shaking hands being a courtesy, a ceremony, the most important thing is not the ceremony. It is the courtesy of behaviour.’ Hey, it’s a big deal to remain professional before, during and after any match and Sparky couldn’t offer that courtesy.