Thursday, January 07, 2010

Ice Ice Baby

Days of heavy snow across England has left icy roads and pavements across England resulting in delays and accidents, closed schools and postponed footie matches, including the Arsenal-Bolton match scheduled for last night (I didn’t realise the match would be postponed and actually woke at 4 this morning. Boo hoo). I’m just worried the effect of the rescheduled match will lead to further fixture congestion and the gaffer is aware of this too. For pictures, go here.

Oh well swell. There’s nothing we can do about it except to Keep The Faith then and pray the force be with us in the Star Wars over our current top two contenders.




My wounds still hurt; in fact I don’t think the hurt lessens. It seems like they hurt more by day, probably as the wounds start to dry. It’s hell I tell you. Go ahead and Cry Me A River.

I’ll leave you with some old photos of crocked Gunners. Just because (and so you’ll appreciate the pain I’m going through).









Oh and on the transfer front: apparently we’re interested in Lacina Traore. He’s unknown (check), no one’s heard of him until today (check), no reputation (check), tall (check), is below 25 (check), and costs little (check). His value-for-money price tag fits the bill, pardon the pun. The only problem is he reminds me of the last tall African striker who used to play for us. Oh and while you’re at it, gaffer, how about a new goalie and another midfielder please (Beckford perhaps? He may be interested in Newcastle though so act fast!).