Wednesday, November 18, 2009

All Bunged Up

Just when I thought it couldn’t possibly get any worse, it has. My nose is all bunged up and I’m coughing worse than a smoker with bronchitis. Surely it can’t get any worse but hey it looks like it can. Yes, I’m feeling very sorry for myself.

Just when I thought it couldn’t possibly get any worse with the Arsenal injury list, well, it has. So now we have
Gibbs injured, lasting only 21 minutes in the meaningless friendly U-21 match against Lithuania. He’s the latest to join RvP (see you after the New Year, hon), Denilson, Clichy, Diaby, Vela, Wilshere, Djourou, Fabianski and Walcott and we can have another team of eleven, albeit injured team of course. I don’t know if he’ll follow suit on RvP’s unconventional treatment (and hey he’s not the first and won’t be the last to try out unconventional methods). We’ll just have to wait and see how badly injured Gibbs is. To the rest of the Arsenal, go for the green lights!




And just when I thought there can’t possibly be anymore irritating noise from Barça over Cesc, they came up with more. Surprise, surprise. NOT. This time it was Gerard Pique. Apparently he introduced Cesc as the future player of Barça. What’s The Frequency, Kenneth? What will he be at Barça? Playing at the fringes or warming the bench as had Hleb? Will Barça ever learn and just SHUT UP once and for all, por favor?




The conversation went something like this (thanks Elena):

Piqué: Hi, he’s Cesc Fábregas, the future player of the Barça... How are you in the Arsenal?

Cesc: Good, really good, the Arsenal begun very well in the league and champions... I’m very happy, wrong. I want to be still like now, and no have a lesion (?). ... 5 years without titles is a very long time

Piqué: And your future?

Cesc: I see a very good future, but I don’t watch the future, 2 years or 3. I have a big responsibility in the Arsenal and I want to do it well

Piqué: But you have made very big things at only 22 years old. You are the most important player of the history of the Arsenal and you are only 22... You are the captain.

Cesc: Well I wanna win titles ‘cause 7 seasons without titles is a very long time... No doubt Barça will qualify, and be first of the group.

Piqué: I want to be in the same team with you again, like here in the Selección.

Cesc: Thanks.


I’m just tempted to bung up the next person from Barça to emit similarly irritating noise. And remember, a girl with a bunged up nose can be dangerous. Ha!

To cheer me up, can someone bid me Cesc’s poppy jersey por favor? Muchas gracias. Oh, flowers will do too. Cheers.



Seriously, the less time he spends with his national squad the better. And the less international matches there are, the better it is for the Arsenal