Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday Trudge

I’ve been feeling under the weather for days now and have to muster all my strength to go to work. Admittedly nursing flu and cough while juggling work give me a headache at times and yet... I have to be brave and strong about it.

Just like van Persie (eh, why am I comparing myself to him?). The latest news is that he’ll now be seeking placenta treatment from a doctor in Serbia (not a desperate housewife!) who earlier helped PSV Eindhoven’s Danko Lazovic. RvP is not blaming Chiellini for his injury, stating it was a fair tackle (just like Cesc didn’t blame Alonso for his injury last year). So it’s hard for me to hate Chiellini either; though I still think some international matches are totally unnecessary.

Yet more irritating noise from Barcelona, apparently offering cash plus players for Captain Cesc, and Puyol parroting Xavi. Why don’t you just let him be? He’s happy at Arsenal, he’s Captain – heck the youngest Captain in the Premier League, and he’s still the same old Cesc. Do us a favour and stop distracting him and team from chasing a record.

I do wonder who will replace RvP as striker as we continue to fly without him. Maybe some reserve players? On another unrelated news, another Arsenal striker apparently has scored with Caroline Fleming, a Danish baroness 13 years his senior and ex-wife of Rory Fleming, heir to the James Bond’s Ian Fleming fortune. Hopefully he’ll start scoring goals again soon too.