Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Misfortune

I was at work yesterday afternoon when Abah called (he was over at my pad to oversee some chap mow the lawn) to inform that my house had been broken into over the weekend. He advised me to return home early and my colleagues who heard of it told me to go home immediately. Mas was kind enough to offer me a lift home and when we got there, I asked that she accompanied me into the house.

The hall, the kitchen and two bedrooms upstairs were in disarray. I saw bottles of Vitagen and Ferrero Rocher wrappers – yes, even the fridge was raided. The f*cking bastards (excuse me but I’m going to use strong language in this entry) drank all ten bottles of Vitagen, ate all the Ferrero Rochers there were in the fridge, some Loacker biscuits and even chewing gum. WTF.

I don’t know why I felt like checking out the bathroom near the kitchen and guess what, they even sh*tted in there – without flushing but of course – and peed on the floor. And I’ve only just cleaned and mopped the house and washed the bathrooms on Saturday. Damn you to hell. (When I told a mate, he said the bathroom activities sound like they employ some black magic hogwash to put intended victims into a trance).

We went up and while they explored my bedroom, it was nowhere as bad as the other room where all the contents of my wardrobe were on the floor. I spent the next few hours cleaning up: I allocated a half-hour in the hall and another half-hour in my bedroom. But I spent close to two back-breaking hours putting my wardrobe back to order. Damnation. I blocked everything out of my mind but as I was waiting to perform Asar prayers, I couldn’t help thinking of my loss and cried. And for a while, I thought I’d never stopped crying.

I know it’s not going to do me any good to ponder on what I have lost but I’m going to list them anyway, for the memories I had with them. It’s so f*cking bloody annoying that everything I bought with my hard-earned money from all my toil at work to reward myself had been snatched away just like that. And I did work hard for them; it’s not as if I have some rich sugar daddy who buys me fancy things, it’s not as if I do money-laundering job on the side to earn extra cash, it’s not as if I buy and win lotteries that enable me to spend lavishly, and it’s not as if I have a rich husband who gives me regular presents.

I lost all these:
- Jewelleries: all of them - anklet, ruby rings, earrings and pendants, white gold necklaces, earrings (yellow gold, white gold, diamond and jade), yellow gold and platinum rings, all pearl necklaces and bangles. All I have are what I had on me over the weekend and some rings they somehow missed which cost way less than what I lost
- Tag Heuer Alter Ego watch with diamonds (and they no longer carry this line)

- Gucci accessories: two leather bracelets, one stainless steel bracelet, one silver pendant, some silver earrings, one pair of yellow gold earrings, one white-gold-with-diamonds ring
- Foreign currencies: hundreds each of Euros, Dollars, Pounds and other currencies
- A LeSportsac pouch containing foreign currencies (another pouch also containing foreign currencies was emptied and left behind)
- Gucci sunglasses: at least four of them
- Leather-ware: Prada wallet
- A bottle of Gucci by Gucci perfume, gift from Peach and Elle
- Both my Olympus digital cameras
- Other accessories/stuff: all my brooches (even those bought from the Avon catalogue), Ferragamo scarf ring, a silver Arsenal keyring (which was my doorgift for joining the Emirates Stadium tour in May 2008), a pedometer and a Casio G-Shock watch
- Gucci keyrings (at least two)
- Never-worn brand-new Burberry belt (which I spent a long time contemplating to buy or not)
- Some RM5 notes
- My Fujitsu laptop
- A pillowcase, leaving my pillow (like me) naked.

Thankfully they didn’t take my handbags or credit cards or IC. And a good thing that my passport is currently with a travel agent.

Again, I must say how f*cking annoying and heart-breaking it is to lose all those. Yes, they are material stuff but I bought them with my own hard-earned money after some time of slaving and slogging myself. And I doubt I’d be less annoyed if the things I lost are not branded. I really hope the bastards will rot in hell, I really do. Yes, I am thankful that I wasn’t in when it happened, for who knows what would have happened (would I have been harmed or tied, would I be killed, or would I remain oblivious and dead asleep because of whatever trance they cast?), but it still hurts, irritates, annoys and saddens me to have lost a substantial amount of things. It will take me a very long time to forget and equally long to replenish whatever I have lost if I want to. Surprisingly I’m not scared (yet), I’m just livid and seething with anger and fury now.

Now do you understand why I am in favour of hudud? God’s law is the best, who are we to argue with Him?




I wouldn’t have minded this form of intruder