Monday, August 24, 2009

Upside Down

... is what I’m feeling now after spending the weekend at HQ. Abah is coughing and nursing a running nose too and this is the first time he performs Tarawih prayers at home instead of at the madrasah. And because of his cough, he can’t read as much Quran as he normally does. I think he is taking it in stride though.

Akak told Mummy that Big Brother looked weak. He was still fasting even though he was weak. He fell down while trying to open the door for them. Apparently he doesn’t have any more appetite. When I heard this, I looked down and held back my tears. Mummy said she didn’t want to tell this to Abah because, well, he may not take it well. So I don’t understand it when able-bodied people who can fast not only don’t do so but also disrespect the sanctity of the month and trivialise the whole thing when my Big Brother who is weak from his battle against Stage 4 C-disease is still determined to fast.

And here’s a confession: I’m cowardly custard. I can’t stand pain and I don’t like to listen/read/watch any unpleasant news on TV. I don’t like to deal with that because I don’t know how to deal with it. If I see Big Brother, I know I will cry for sure and that’s not going to be good for him or me.

I wonder if he will live to his next birthday in January. *sniff*

~~~~~~~~

... is the Premier League what with Burnley, having won their two last home games (and one against ManUre too), now sitting in contention for Europe while Everton and Pompey in the relegation mire. Interestingly the Football Forecast pundits predicted that the following teams will be relegated: Burnley, Hull and Pompey. Well, I think Burnley will prove them wrong. It’s early days yet but they may pull what Hull did at the beginning of last season. And Hull won too at the weekend. Pompey aren’t looking good now (Everton not doing any better based on goal difference) and they do look threadbare. I reckon Niko Kranjčar will follow the footsteps of Crouch and leave soon too. On other matches, I was disappointed that Wigan let in five after managing to level in the first half and that the Hammers got mashed instead by the Spuds (it should have been the other way round, duh!).

We beat Pompey at home on Saturday - Dudú making his first Premier League start (he was a substitute at Goodison Park) since he broke his leg at Brimingham on 23 February 2008 - though I was disappointed that we only won by four goals (I’m not greedy but we could have scored so many more) and let in one too. And now we’re
compared to Usain Bolt! We’ve scored a dozen goals so far from different sources and only of them from a recognised striker. Man of the match: Andrey Arshavin. For pictures, go here.

What’s looming on the horizon though is (after hosting Celtic late Wednesday) the trip to OT. Let’s hope that Cesc will be fit for that... and he’s not going anywhere, Barça, do you hear me? You would have thought they’d learn from the signing of Hleb but no, they don’t. I have nothing against Barça but I just wish the Spanish media would just stop with all this speculation and naughty rumours. I’m not so naïve as to think Cesc will be at Arsenal until he retires from football, I’m sure he would want to return to the Catalan city but not now. Not before he’s guided the team to some trophies.






He’s suchhh a cute lad