Monday, August 10, 2009

Hot In Here

Hot in here. Hot out there. Hot everywhere. Hot, hot, hot.

Braved the lunch-hour blazing heat and ventured out to find a pair of trousers for my niece and a pair of drawstring cargo trousers but came back empty-handed. Fruitless trip. Oh, Esprit does stock some but I really dislike those boy-fit trousers with the very low waists. (Having said that, back at uni a guy friend once gave me his pair of jeans and I actually wore it. I had to hold it up with the belt tightly tied around my waist in the last belt hole possible (and still felt like it was about to slip down). And low-waist boy-fit trousers are not exactly comfortable too. And so the hunt for the ideal cargo trousers continues...).

How I wish this country has moderate temperatures like Europe in spring (I was actually thinking of this when I set out for my lunch outing and this in turn reminded me of the (over)friendly Asian-loving Croat I met in Split and I went thinking ‘Maybe I should have invited him to come along to Trogir with me.’ It’s funny that I suddenly thought of him after all these months and for no reason at all.). Oh I know there are countries which have temperatures soaring higher than ours but c’mon they are mostly in the Middle East with deserts all around. I was born here and yet still have problems trying to deal with the heat and humidity (and now, the haze. Any coincidence they all start with the letter ‘H’?). You’d have thought I’d have gotten used to the heat but no, I’m not too hot about the weather for sure.

God, it’s too hot to think and talk much sense now.

~~~~~~~~

I’ve been watching too many movies of late, consequentially spending too much money on celluloid dates. It doesn’t help that movie ticket prices have increased now. Ouch. The good thing is that the new footie season (and Ramadan) will kick off soon/just around the corner (Ligue 1, Serie A and Bundesliga have all kicked off during the weekend). The bad news is that there we now have to fork out an additional RM12 for any cable TV packages that includes sports (which Astro has reasoned as being ‘equivalent to one cinema ticket’) because of the rising content cost (whatever that means). Just about everything that has a price-tag costs more these days, unlike in neighbouring Singapore where there was actually
reduction in bus and MRT fares since 1 April 2009 (and that’s no April Fools’ joke).

I hope I can stay awake for House season finale tonight. Ugly Betty Season 3 ended three weeks ago (boo hoo!) while CSI ended two weeks ago. All very well I suppose, just before Ramadan so hopefully I can concentrate better in the holy month.

~~~~~~~~

Arsenal drew Celtic in the Champions League qualifying round. Good news? Bad news? It’s Battle of Britain, baby.




I’ll leave you with pictures of my hot Captain (and hot team).





After the last match of last season against Stoke City

At Arsenal Charity Ball, 21 May 2009. For more pictures of the Charity Ball, go here.