Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day 2009



Happy Earth Day to all. I try to do my part as best as I can: I carry a shopping bag when I do grocery shopping; I carry a water bottle so that I won’t add to the number of bottles that need to be recycled; am quite energy-efficient at home (the heat wave of late is sure challenging though); recycle whenever I can; and take the public transportation. I’m still thinking of other ways to reduce my impact on the environment, any suggestions? Just don’t ask me to cut down on travelling and anyway, I fly economy when travelling on my own (the more passengers the plane carry in economy means the less fuel burned per passenger) and I have taken to packing lightly too (every kg of weight that a plane carries increases the amount of fuel that it burns, so reducing your luggage weight actually reduces your environmental impact).

~~~~~~~~

It was a weak Arsenal side that travelled to Anfield: they were devoid of Robin van Persie, Emmanuel Adebayor, Manuel Almunia, Gael Clichy, William Gallas and Johan Djourou.

And what a crazy incredible match it was. I said crazy because it was such a strange match, strewn with defending errors (on both sides) and superb goals (again on both sides). Russian star Arshavin became the first man to score a quartet of goals (and his first ever quartet of goals) in a League game at Anfield in 53 years - with Arsenal’s only four shots on target. Four attempts, four on target, four goals. Both teams had to settle for a draw and frankly neither side deserved to lose. For more pictures, go here.








BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Arsenal’s four-goal Russian roulette Andrey Arshavin after that extraordinary display, scoring a round-number pleasing 9.00. His first quartet of goals too.

Oh and I want to share this quote from Arseblogger:

‘Arshavin himself must have been upset not to start (in the FA semi-final match), particularly in a game against a team managed by his national coach. He doesn’t strike me as a sulker though and the perfect response tonight would be the kind of performance that says ‘Next time, Arsène, pick me.’’

Ar - Ar – Arshavin’s over from the Russian scene
Another Arsenal legend is born
Ar - Ar - Arshavin’s Russia’s greatest goal machine
And now at Arsenal he’ll carry on


From Russia With Love indeed.