Monday, April 27, 2009

It’s A Heat-wave

Sing to Bonnie Tyler’s It’s A Heartache:

It’s a heat wave
Nothing but a heat wave
Hits you when it’s too hot
Hits you ‘til you wanna melt down
It’s a nature’s game
Nothing but a nature’s game
Standing in the baking sun
Feeling like melting down

Oh God, it’s been so very hot the last few weeks even the occasional showers don’t have much effect. Funny, I always associate April as a rainy month (OK, I keep thinking of April Showers) and I can’t recall April ever being this hot before. It gets so uncomfortable at times that I wonder if the temperature has already hit 40C. I keep thinking if this is how living in the Middle East is like. And I don’t know how the other mammal animals with their fur can stand this heat. OK, I’m beginning not to talk sense – blame it on the heat!

Watched He’s Just Not That Into You on Saturday and quite enjoyed it. I cringed watching Gigi trying to find a guy and thinking some blind date was into her. Never, ever make that mistake dear. But I enjoy her ‘accidental’ friendship (if I can term it that) with Alex, the charming and good-looking bar owner (yup, Justin Long is an eye candy alright). Like I said, it was quite an enjoyable movie and it made me think too.

Went for a (long overdue?) haircut Saturday afternoon and it couldn’t come too soon. I doubt I’ll ever keep a long hair again – it’s been ages since I last kept it but of course that was in the good old days in England. Not with this heat will I sport a long hair ever again just as I’ll never ever wear a pair of jeans again ‘cause they’re just not practical wear in this weather/country! (The last time I had to travel in early spring, I had to hunt for my old pair of jeans which thankfully I still fit in. Not going to buy any more new pair of jeans ever).

The team managed by the youngest manager in the Premier League travelled south to meet the team captained by the youngest skipper in the Premier League yesterday. Fabulous Cesc Fàbregas aka Captain Fantastic fired two goals in the Sunday match against Boro. I was so delighted with his brace but am not too hot about his facial hair experiment (just as I’m not too hot about Theo’s facial hair experiment either). I thought Shava looked a bit tired but hey he is the BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match (8.72 on 90 minutes). He didn’t score yesterday but hey neither did Torres a day earlier. Oh, and Cesc may have inadvertently saved Hull from relegation too.








Mummy said he looked like an Arab. Heh.

Happy days mate, happy days. Now if only they’re not so hot. Well at least it rained heavily yesterday afternoon.