Monday, December 22, 2008

Poor Baby

I slept poorly again last night, as was the case three weeks ago. Yes, Arsenal hosted Liverpool and we couldn’t afford to lose. Found out this morning we drew but my Poor Baby is injured.

Oh my Poor Baby. I’m so gutted. So, so gutted.

And I so hate that Howard Webb now with all my heart.

Get well soon, my magnificent matador munchkin.

~~~~~~~~

I was at my parents’ over the weekend. Had a haircut on Saturday and went out yesterday to look for some novels. I had felt some irritation in my left contact lens when I put it on yesterday morning and thought, ‘It had better not be torn!’

This morning though, my left eye was smarting after I put the lens and when I took the contact lens off, my fear was confirmed. Dang!

I’m now half-blind and will be so for the better part of the day. I have another half pair of lens at home but I think it’s grey (yes, I’m so vain, don’t you know it already) and the right lens I’m wearing to survive the day is brown.

I think I’ll be like an odd-eyed cat again and try the grey-and-brown lenses combination tomorrow. It might be fun to see how people react. The first (and last) time I
had to do it – and for ten days too, no one batted an eyelid.

~~~~~~~~

I was actually tempted by a Rolex watch yesterday. After discount, it will cost a four-digit price (Rolex watches start from five-digit prices). But I fought hard with my desire (lust?) and didn’t buy it. I’d be lying though if I said I haven’t kept thinking about it... heck, like I can even afford it. But it doesn’t hurt to daydream.

I did
buy a bag though. And it’s not Italian or French (they are all sold out) or even Swiss. It’s English.

~~~~~~~~

Back to footie (I know some of you just skip the footie part – please don’t!): have Arsenal blown their chances? Let’s look at it this way: Liverpool could only manage a draw with 10-man Arsenal, so are Liverpool that good just because they top the table for now? I’m trying to be optimistic here and I say that if a 10-man Arsenal could still draw with Liverpool which had only lost one match so far (compared to five for us), we aren’t all that bad. We just lack a dominant centre-half, we shouldn’t have let Hleb and Flamini go, we need to reinforce our defence and we have enough injured players. But we should also start buying and I say, go for Arshavin, Monsieur Wenger!

And why do people always put us down? When we drew away to Boro last weekend, it was like the end for us. Then Liverpool and Chelshit drew at home and ManUre drew away at Spuds too but hardly anyone commented on that. Of course initially it was bad because we were the first to play but as the weekend progressed, it didn’t turn out all that bad (except that Villains overtook us at fourth place).

Anyway, here are some photos of the match against Poo.