Monday, March 31, 2008

Hectic Weekend

I met up my new friend last Saturday in the hot mid-morning. After taking me around the place, we went for reflexology before having lunch. Then we got lured by some health check where I learnt I had low blood pressure (besides still being under-weight). Midway through the marketing, I rushed off for prayers. We left after Asar prayers and before long, the skies opened up big time. It was pouring cats and dogs, and we had difficulties navigating our way in the heavy, torrential rain.

Popped at my friend’s place and after the weather had improved, we left for my old mate’s place. Despite my protests earlier in the morning, she insisted that I had dinner there and in fact wanted me to sleep over. Had to decline as I had already made plans to go to Akak’s.

She, along with her husband and two boys, then sent me to the Aeon Centre. It was quite a drive from her side of town but at least it gave us the opportunity to chat and catch up. I was feeling knackered by the time I reached Akak’s but after a quick shower and prayers, decided I would still watch the Bolton-Arsenal match.

It wasn’t a good first half for Arsenal as they were reduced to 10 men and went down by two goals. I didn’t have a good feeling myself and was beginning to question my decision to watch the match. The second half didn’t start well either - Bolton were having a succession of corners and I was praying hard for Wenger to make his substitutions quickly.

Gallas reduced the deficit in the 62nd minute and five minutes later, van Persie converted his penalty shot into the Gunners’ second goal. I started breathing a bit easier then and actually felt my bad feeling evaporate away. And as usual, you can always count on Arsenal for last-minute come back. I was practically shouting and jumping when Fàbregas’ shot was deflected in at, yes, you guess it, the eleventh hour, or rather 90th minute. I actually thought it was his goal until the game score was updated and showed it was actually an own goal. Read about the match here, here, here, here and here.