Thursday, March 13, 2008

Anger Management

I was feeling angry and hurt last weekend because someone’s plans affected me. As a result, I had to endure some inconveniences, not to mention all those wasted time and efforts. I felt let down and disappointed by this and seethed every time I thought back about it. For surely I deserve better and I don’t understand why no one bothered to tell me their plans, especially when their plans very well affected me – even though I was not part of their plans.

When asked, I admitted that I was indeed mad, hurt and disappointed. Had I known of their plans, I would’ve altered my own plans instead of wasting hours of my time. Even if I was not part of the plan, why couldn’t anyone let me know instead of treating me like I didn’t matter or a nonentity. I could’ve adjusted my plans and I wouldn’t spoil their plans anyway. I don’t care if others want to make plans - it’s their right – but I wish they’d stop to consider that other people may be affected like I was. And because I was angry, I couldn’t help thinking of all the unfulfilled promises and when I did that, I felt let down again and again.

I was just so angry that when I finally reached home on Saturday evening, I turned off my mobile phone. I wasn’t ready to talk to anyone and because I was upset, I wasn’t in the right frame of mind. Had I answered any call, I’d probably end up saying the wrong things and make things worse.

I thought I was recovering well until I received the text yesterday evening and I started seething all over again.

I do hope things will get resolved soon. I don’t think it was unreasonable or unwarranted of me to feel hurt, to expect an explanation (an apology would be nice too), to feel that I deserve some understanding and consideration. Please pray for me that things will work out and while they may not return to normal immediately, that at least people will realise that I have feelings too. And I deserve to be treated better.

In the interim, maybe I should consider enrolling in Anger Management therapy.