Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Sand, Sea, Sun

I just returned from a trip to the East Coast with my parents. We had a lovely time. The drive was pleasant most of the way, the view beautiful most of the time, the food yummy, yes, most of the time. I love going to the KT market with its strange mix of smell – dried sea products (dried fish and cuttlefish, fish crackers, fish sausages, just to name a few) – and sights – batik outfit, handicrafts and souvenirs.

We were in KT for two nights. Some complaints though: it was hot, hot, hot - scorching, blinding, merciless sun shining down on us the whole time we were there. It was uncomfortably hot in the market too, but of course, and that made the shopping experience less pleasant. It was also hot where we were staying despite turning the fans and air-conds on. And I was appalled and dismayed to discover that the beach was still littered as it was at my last visit.

Oh and I also met up with my best mate who took me on a spin around KT town [matey also happened to be there during the weekend].

We stopped at Cherating on the way back and spent a night there. Our Cherating room had a fantastic view of the well-maintained, well-manicured lawn of the resort, the endless blue sea and the gorgeous white sand. And it was nowhere as hot as it was in KT.


And now I am back on KL soil. Sun and work-stress... *sigh*.