Monday, June 04, 2007

For Love Or Money

I had a mission on Saturday as mentioned in my previous post – that of finding a birthday present for Abah. So after the usual chores, I headed back to HQ, but not before stopping at KLCC to carry out my mission. I also had to pick up the Prada purse I sent for repair and drop off another Gucci bag for repair [yes, 2007 has so far been a year of bag repairs] at KLCC. I got a clutch pouch at a bargain from Ferragamo and after Hunting High And Low for Abah’s gift, I managed to get him a pair of sandals - and a Samsonite backpack for myself! Hey but it was on offer! - at Isetan. As I suspected, there were thousands of people thronging KLCC when I left with mission accomplished.

Saturday purchases were all made for love... love for Abah and love for myself. At one point though, I was feeling faint and weak in the middle of KLCC. I was feeling similarly weak and exhausted all of a sudden on Friday evening too.I don’t know why I sometimes find myself feeling weak, exhausted and faint. I once felt so weak at boarding school on a Ramadan afternoon, I was seriously considering breaking fast there and then [I didn’t though as I somehow managed to survive the rest of the fasting hours]. Would appreciate any medical opinion and/or advice.

On Sunday Morning, my cousin-in-law called to inform that my uncle has been warded again. Apparently, ever since my aunt passed away in December, he has been feeling down and of late, been refusing to eat. After discussing, Mummy and Abah decided to visit him after our grocery trip and Abah’s birthday lunch meal.

However, heavy traffic on the MRR greeted our exit and Abah and Mummy decided to head home instead. Almost collided into a vehicle from the opposite direction which madly steered off its route and wrongfully, dangerously cut across our lane to enter the MRR - it did a blatantly illegal shortcut. Bloody selfish idiot! Abah managed an emergency brake just in time; we were shell-shocked but I had a quick thought to turn and thankfully there was no vehicle behind us or we would have been rammed into. Still in shock, we continued on our journey. I got down at the nearby shopping centre, hoping to find some novels.

I left the centre at almost 3, being poorer than ever. No, I didn’t manage to find any good novels. Instead, I signed up for a water filter. I have been planning to for the past year but it always seemed too darn expensive. Well, yesterday, I finally parted with (more of) my money.

Sunday mega purchase was definitely for the love of my health and well-being.

And now I must slog for the money – not for the love of it [though I would love to see my bank account balance grow] nor am I a slave to it – but because money is a motivation. And it helps to pay for future purchases of products and services to pamper myself and family. [Hmmm, not just worldy goods but investment for afterlife also requires money: think of donations, zakat payments and Umrah and Haj trips, to name a few.]

I know, I know. I am high-maintenance. But hey, as Shakespeare aptly put it: Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin as self-neglecting.

~~~~~~~~

MamaCat and kittens were nowhere to be seen on Friday evening. I did hear some faint mews and squeaks but could not, for the life of me, locate them. I hope they are doing alright. For someone who doesn’t want to be saddled with the responsibility, I sure care a lot for them. I am a softy, I am.