Monday, October 16, 2006

Celebration Continues - As Does The Haze

It was a good weekend – at times. Rewarded myself with retail therapy after the usual weekend morning chores on Saturday by heading to both Isetan - ‘cause one is not enough [back in London, I could traipse from one NEXT to another ‘cause some stores may stock a little different collection]. Bought some clothes for the kiddies [gosh, kids’ clothes Sure cost a lot, don’t they?!] and a pair of sandals … for Abah [let’s hope he’ll wear it instead of storing it away for the next five years] and of course, something for myself to show up for all that browsing and walking around! There was a power failure at Isetan side of Lot 10 and customers were not allowed in so I walked off to BB/Sg Wang and then to Times Square before retracing my footsteps back to Isetan. It was raining pretty heavily when I emerged out of Lot 10.

Don’t even ask how much the day’s damage was. I shudder to think of it myself too!

Another de-weeding project was endured Sunday Morning followed by the inevitable ironing. Moan groan mumble grumble! So I went for another well-deserved treat to another mall in the outskirts of town but you’ll be glad to know I exercised much restraint this time. [But the damage had been done…]. Another heavy torrential downpour greeted my exit from the mall but despite the two weekend days of Rain, I doubt it helped much with lifting the haze.

Somehow during the Shopping spree, I got to thinking of my current situation, my career and love life [or lack of] which remain in limbo. And I got depressed. But I resolve to do something about it. I really must.


~~~~~~~~

[to the tune of Love Is All Around]

I feel it ‘cause it lingers
I feel it in my toes
The haze that's all around me
And so the feeling grows
It's not blown off by the wind
It's everywhere I go
So yes, it really does bug me
Come on and let it blow
You know I loathe you, I always will
My mind's made up by the way that I feel
There's no beginning, there'll be no end
'Cause solution for this haze it’s like a dead end


~~~~~~~~

Footie footnote: Arsenal’s midfield mainspring Cesc Fabregas, was the Saturday afternoon's [GMT] most dazzling performer while Emmanuel Adebayor, at a comparatively advanced 21, forced the opening goal and later crowned the scoring. Fabulous Fabregas's [aye, I shall now refer to him as Fab Fab] floated left-wing free-kick was headed goalwards by Adebayor but deflected into his own net by Stewart under pressure from Toure. Then Henry, simply Too Hot To Handle, left two defenders stranded with a cheeky piece of footwork and then fired his shot just inches wide in the 43rd minute. Fabregas slotted through a slide-rule pass to again set Henry free and the striker eased the ball inside for Adebayor to knock home into an empty net in the 67th minute.

And it was celebration time for Arsenal, for their past, present and - hopefully - future.

Man of the match: Cesc Fabregas ‘Fab Fab’.