Thursday, October 19, 2006

Paid My Dues

It’s been a rollercoaster week thus far [and the week’s not over yet!]. Have some things to attend to at work [ever wonder why work somehow has a way of dropping into your tray when the holidays are just around the corner?!]. On the personal front, I thought I’ve Paid My Dues and done my penance but apparently not.

~~~~~~~~

[Spoken:]
You can say what you want about me
Try to do what you want to me
But you cannot stop me

I've been knocked down
It's a crazy town
Even got punched in the face in LA
Ain't nothing in the world that can keep me
From doing what I wanna do

'Cause I'm too proud, I'm too strong
Live by the code that you gotta move on
Feeling sorry for yourself
Ain't got nobody nowhere

So I...(held my head high)
I knew I (knew I'd survive)
Well I made it (I made it)
I don't hate it (Don't hate it)
That's just the way it goes (Yeah)
I done made it through
Stand on my own two
I paid my dues (yeah)
Tried to hold me down
You can't stop me now
I paid my dues


~~~~~~~~

I’m only into the fourth gear of fasting and getting into the swing of things, I decided to brave the Ramadhan Bazaar during lunch. It was an experience alright what with all the last-minute shoppers all deciding to throng the pedestrian walkways and narrow corridors made a lot narrower with the new stalls set up. Gosh! In one word, it’s MADNESS. Earlier in the morning, I endured a mad 15-minute queue for the ATM earlier this morning and thankfully I brought along something to read and pass the time.

Mental note: Never ever go out during lunchtime of the last few days of Ramadhan to check out the Bazaar or arcades, unless I want to be mobbed by other mad shoppers.


~~~~~~~~

I’ve managed to do, in eight months, what I didn’t manage to do during my one year of MBA: finish my 10 kg packet of rice. I don’t normally eat rice twice a day, every day. But because it’s Ramadhan, I decided early on that it’s wise for me to eat rice for dinner and during sahur [or risk fainting at noon] - yes, almost every single day. That’s why.

Whoops, gotta dash off now!