Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

And so today is the second Friday the 13th of this year. And this is my 113th post, how apt!Not that I suffer from triskaidekaphobia, or for that matter paraskavedekatriaphobia or friggatriskaidekaphobia. For more on this matter, check this out. [See, this blog is actually quite an intellectually inspiring and mentally stimulating read. Heh! Oh, on another note, this is an update on the Ig Noble Award I mentioned earlier.]

Anyway, I’m feeling Lucky today. And blessed. And so I Thank You, God. Thank You for everything: my parents and family; my network of friends; my good health - although I may not be fit and my hips and thighs are big and disproportionate to the rest of my body ‘cause hey, no one’s perfect and least of all me [I still have baby fat in my thighs/hips and my Hips Don’t Lie, dang! And I’ve discovered long ago that no amount of walking is ever going to break down those fat]; the roof on my head; the rezeki I’m blessed with; the clothes on my body and the shoes that shod my feet; the education I’ve received and am still receiving; the job I currently hold [despite my moans]; and, yes, even my marital status - ‘cause I get to do what I what and please with my money and not answerable to anyone when it comes to that. But I also need to be shrewd and wise in my spending just in case I remain a SINNER [that’s short for Single Income ‘N Not Enough Reserves] ‘til I die.

Let’s hope the day won’t turn into a Freaky Friday now. Speaking of freaky, it was a humiliating loss for England, thanks to what they call a freak goal and lacklustre and dismal performance. Now, who would you blame? Gary Neville – the ManU(re) player who back-passed the ball to the goalie - or Paul Robinson the goalie who missed his attempted clearance? Or maybe England’s new coach Steve McClaren? I saw the replay of that freak own goal and couldn’t help laughing at England’s sheer stupidity and carelessness. Silly sods!

Can’t wait for the weekend. Bring it on!