Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Things That Make Me Go ...

... Shudder...

My little nephew for whom I have a soft spot for rang me up last night as I was about to sit down for my TV dinner. He excitedly informed me that he aced his Maths and English tests and reminded me of the present I promised to get him if he scored. He asked me at least twice what I was going to get him and I told him I hadn’t bought any ‘cause I just found out he did well, well, only seconds earlier. But I will get him something ‘cause I did make that promise when I tutored him a couple of weekends ago and got exasperated with his playful attitude. And also ‘cause I don’t want him to grow up thinking that girls make promises which they conveniently forget subsequently [which I may have been guilty of to someone but that is not privy to this blog].

I shudder to think what I would need to get him and his sisters for all those other tests and major exams coming up in their schooling life: UPSR, PMR, SPM... The cutie pie’s only in kindergarten now!

~~~~~~~~

... 'Oh s***!'

I am now contemplating getting an alarm fitted so that I no longer need to worry about my safety while being in micasa. That’d mean forking out dosh of course and I’m a little tight now ‘cause my allowance claim for my India trip has yet to be cleared but I had to pay my Larger Than Life credit card bill shortly after my return ‘cause I didn't want to bear any interest and I didn’t want to bust my credit card limit. Although I’m sure my credit card provider is all too happy with me now; you’re a good customer if you charge lots of expenses to your credit card as that presents opportunity for the provider to earn from your interests should you not be able to clear your statement but only pay the minimal amount due. Thus far, I’m not a good customer ‘cause I pay my statements before their due dates and I clear them all.

And I found to my horror and dismay [and disgust] Yesterday evening that I may need to fork out more money to fix my toilet. Yup, literally flushing down money down the drain (or rather the toilet bowl). And no, you don’t want to know the full details.

~~~~~~~~

... ahhh and ohhh and hmmm...

But I’ll give you details on My Girl [I derive pleasure in getting into long and diatribe details in my Korean dramas update]. In the Monday night episode, Yoo-rin [YR] had a fall when she tried to help divert fans from Gong-chan [GC]'s now-again g/f [who is an international tennis player]. Our Royal Highness [as she referred him] hero then came to help clean her wounds.



This is the look of his face deep in concentration as he cleaned the wounds. [Everyone, go ahhh...].



Then he touched her head ever so gently. Ooohhh...



Ahhh, all the Things That Make You Go Hmmm surely...!

In last night’s episode, she accidentally blurted to GC to stop treating her nicely as she may fall in love with him. Realising her mistake, she quickly tried to correct it by saying what she meant was for him to stop treating her nicely as a litle cousin as she may find it hard to leave the family later. She then started avoiding GC leaving GC at first puzzling over her attitude then feeling awkward whenever they accidentally meet.



After thinking about it further, she decided she must stop the charade, i.e. stop pretending to be the long lost granddaughter as the grandpa was getting better and leave the mansion altogether. And exit from GC’s life. So off she went to the hotel [our hero owns the hotel] to tell GC.

In the hotel lift, she overheard a conversation that the other lift occupant was plotting to blow up the hotel. She rushed to alert GC and his secretary and together they went to investigate. In her excitement, she fantasised GC and herself as the lead in the X-Files, Leon [a fictional professional assassin] and then James Bond 007. Hilarious! There was even a fantasised moment of the two of them rushing into a Gangsta's Paradise hotel room and they overpowered the gangsters [and this fantasised moment scene was capped with another of Wookie’s cute wink].



Turned out the suspect was actually a writer and was talking about his yet unfinished novel... duh! Anyway, later that evening, she Finally told him that she was leaving.

Kleenex moments coming up...!