Friday, September 15, 2006

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Now, it is encouraged to break your fast with dates [and by that I mean dates the dried fruit, not the dishy chap sitting across you in his casual yet metrosexual outfit!] but I want to save that precious single box of dates for Ramadhan (and no, doubt there are enough to last me the whole month) so I broke fast Yesterday on the next best alternative available: Hershey's Special Dark Chocolates with Almonds Nuggets and Daim sweets AND a pack of the King of Fruits. Ahhh, bliss. Yum yum yummy! Syukur for what I have.



Mental note: stock up on dates!!!




And maybe I'm just plain Lucky or blessed with rezeki or looked hungry [and perhaps underfed] that the Café folks offered me a BOGOF [buy one get one free dish deal] when I popped in there Yesterday afternoon in search of some sweet potential break fast treat. Syukur.


~~~~~~~~

My Girl episodes are real hilarious of late: in the Wednesday evening episode, Lee Dong Wook's [hereafter to be referred to as LDW or affectionately as Wookie - thanks to trivia I found on www] character, Seol Gong-chan, cried real actual tears [no, I don't think they were onion tears!], complete with face contorted in pain and misery, when he thought his grandpa had died shortly after meeting his 'granddaughter' [who is none other than our heroine who Finally agreed to pose as the long-lost granddaughter, at the request of Gong-chan]. Then Yoo-rin hesistantly said sth like, 'Err excuse me Director, but if he is dead, the monitor will go *did a blinking sound*', and Gong-chan looked up to see that his grandpa was indeed not dead but had fallen asleep. The next scene showed Gong-chan sitting down pointedly avoiding making eye-contact with Yoo-rin. I laughed so hard, tears were welling up in my eyes!

And in last night's episode, Yoo-rin landed on the floor after jumping up and down on the bed. He came in to investigate and peered over her, face very close to heres. Feeling uncomfortable with such intimacy and being uncomfortable being in such a position, lying down on the cold floor, she got up abruptly and in the process, knocked his chin so hard his head snapped up.



Then in another scene, she slipped and fell on the bathroom floor - and her bathtowel slipped off too - and our hero rushed pver to help, belatedly realising as his eyes adjusted to the dim bathroom environment that she was naked! He went out, debated what to do next, pulled the duvet off the bed, went to the bathroom door and assured her he was going to switch off the lights when he reentered, bundled her up in the duvet, flung her over his shoulder and hoisted her off to the hospital.



He waited for her at the hospital and she reemerged with a neck cast. She looked embarassed to see him and Finally on the way home, she asked if he saw anything. When he said yes, she got riled up and said he shouldn't admit to having seen her naked even though he had but should lie instead. When he said it's not natural for him to lie [unlike her], she got riled up again. When they arrived at his home, no, mansion, he said, not bad. She asked what he meant and he asked her whether she really didn't know what he was referring to. She stammered and he bent down as if to kiss her and she waited in nervous anticipation. But the kiss didn't come; instead he walked off and said over his shoulder that that was his way of lying.

I tell ya, I was laughing so hard my neighbours must have thought I was suffocating in laughing gas.

I can't wait for Tonight's episode. And til the next episode update [if any], I'll leave you with a wink.


~~~~~~~~

Today is pay-thy-bills day. Sheesh. Like a friend said, 'There are three things in life that are certain [no, not two, but three!]: death, taxes and expenses.'

No, Life Isn't All Ha Ha Hee Hee. Dang!