Thursday, August 10, 2006

Opps!... I Did It Again

I did it Again. Yes, I snapped Again. Yes, this La Nina ran amok Again in The Office Yesterday and caused a mild destruction to The Office climate. Nothing so Bad... I can assure that the haze is worse!

And La Nina cannot guarantee that it would not happen Again. Yes, La Nina needs to attend a crash course in Anger Management [and why not add in Stress Management 101 too eh].

During my anger and increasing frustration Yesterday, I sent this message to my colleague:

'...xxx is taking way too much of my time and it's not the only bloody thing in this bloody world.'

His reply: 'I can see the world is getting bloodier nowadays.'

I replied back: 'As Captain Haddock of Tintin will put it, 'Billions of blue blistering barnacles.' I will put it as 'Billions of bloody blinking flipping blustering blastedness'.

Except for flipping which begins with 'f', not a bad one, eh!
'

He: [wisely chose not to reply and changed the topic]

Heh.

My boss was on leave Yesterday and we had a meeting in the afternoon. And as we were bereft of a chairperson, guess who had to bring the meeting through? Yes, this La Nina.

But not to fear, it went well. And La Nina didn't blow or huff or puff. Phew!

After a series of briefing, discussion and meeting all in a half-day's work today, during lunch Adek attempted to calm down by going for Poco Poco with her colleagues. It's fun, seriously. You get to dance and prance, gyrate and rotate, swirl and twirl, spin and grin. And it works to calm me down. Never mind if I can't dance to save my life - I'm not blessed with graceful, lithe moves - but what the heck. I enjoy going to these Poco Poco sessions. I feel lighter, happier, less stressed and tensed.

And The Office can breathe a sigh of relief... until the next time La Nina strikes again.