Friday, August 25, 2006

Only You

The Korean drama buff that I am [heh!] am now glued to this drama Only You. I missed the first few episodes as I was following Beautiful Days, another Korean drama, which I didn't quite like 'cause the hero is not altogether to my liking [yes, that's an important factor mate!]. As usual, I did some googling but could only find limited info on the drama, unlike previous dramas - I could even find episode by episode guide to some dramas!



Starring the Prince Charming and Barbie Doll of Korea, Jo Hyun Jae [or Cho Hyeon-jae] and Han Chae-young, Only You is the story of an ambitious chef and a young heir who cross paths in Venice both in search for something significant in their lives. Basically, another one of those poor girl meets rich boy - and yes, he is the heir to some conglomerate, how predicatable! - and as usual there's the 3rd, 4th and 5th parties who try to break them up [again, how predictable eh].

As usual, there's some twist to Korean dramas and this is no different. The girl had actually met the boy six years prior - in Venice, no less! - and they had a One Night Stand, resulting in the girl being pregnant without the boy knowing (I missed these episodes though). And now, six years later, both are back in Korea and their paths crossed again... and the plot had developed such that the boy has met his son without knowing it's his son.

As the Barbie Doll of Korea, the heroine is beautiful, and as the Prince Charming of Korea, the hero is equally cute too - yet another reason why I am glued to it instead of Beautiful Days! As I've alluded to earlier, the hero in Beautiful Days isn't classically handsome [well, at least in my humble opinion] and as for the heroine, well, she looks forever sad and on the verge of tears. In addition, there's a lot of shouting and loud talks in Beautiful Days - the heroine's friend shouting at her for being silly for instance. Korean dramas shown here are translated mainly into Mandarin and Sometimes Cantonese.

Ah... and I'll miss five whole episodes next week due to my trip...! ~`#^&?/^* What If It's Over when I return? That's the risk when you're glued to a particular series. I don't want to fork out dosh to buy the VCD/DVD, an original set would set me back by more than a hundred Ringgit. Not only that, there will be storage problems.

~~~~~~~~

Speaking of the trip, I spent Yesterday frantically trying to find and download and print materials for the study trip. Have got only an iota of inkling of what it's all about and as much as I was trying to wriggle myself out of it earlier, it wouldn't do to appear Clueless and Lost during the whole trip and discussions that would inevitably take place. No sooner had I finished something then something else looms up! Well, at least a week's break from The Office. It's just that I'll have to prepare a report of some sort to document and capture what I managed to gather during the trip and most likely would also have to make presentation to the department [knowledge sharing]. Aye, no such thing as a free trip. That means I must try hard to stay awake and understand and not be Lost during the field trips and discussions. That's another part that I dread - the after-the-trip torture. In between, I was also trying to find some info on the local destinations so that I know what awaits me and what to look for at each destination.

I'm due to leave tomorrow evening and I haven't even decided what to bring, let alone pack! I have a million things to do before then: clean the place up, pack, iron... oh joy... NOT!