Thursday, December 09, 2021

Sand, Sea, Sky And Sun

 

The workplace has opened a few of its resorts from 12 November and I made a booking for a ground floor unit of two bedrooms. I wasn’t feeling particularly hopeful as it has never been easy to secure. So I was pleasantly surprised when I found that my booking was accepted. Alhamdulillah! I asked my sister if she wanted to go or if I should cancel and she immediately replied in the affirmative.

 

We headed to PD on Friday afternoon (26 November) and arrived after 1.5 hours. Dad wasn’t feeling well – it could be because he had an empty stomach or he had motion sickness. He rested soon after we arrived and stayed behind when we went to the beach to catch the sunset.

 

On Saturday, my brother-in-law, sister and I went for a morning walk all the way to Tanjung Tuan Recreational Forest before turning back. After breakfast, at dad’s request, we drove out to Masjid Tanah. We didn’t get down except at a small stall selling fresh fish on the way back as my sister wanted to buy some seafood. Dad had motion sickness again in the car.

 

We went out in the late afternoon to the beach as my niece, nephew and sister wanted to bathe in the sea. There were a lot of people about. And a lot of rubbish too. Grr!

 

On Sunday morning, after prayers and helping sister prepare breakfast, I walked to nearby Lexis Hibiscus and walked around the hotel area. I wasn’t impressed with the external look of the units but hey each unit comes with its own pool. I returned to our resort about an hour after I left.

 

Dad wanted to leave early so after packing, tidying up and a few family photos, we left. My nephew drove us back, stopping first at a pharmacy to buy anti-motion sickness pills for dad. We reached home just after 12 noon.

 

So that was a weekend by the sea, with the sun, sand and sky (and a little motion sickness too).