Wednesday, October 08, 2014

#30Stays: Reason I Travel Alone

Travelling alone gives me the flexibility and freedom to see what I want, when I want and how I want to see it. I’m also free to decide how and where to spend my time. People ask me if I feel lonely and my reply is No. I may be alone but I’m not lonely. And they ask if I’m not afraid and my response is if I let fear conquer me, I will never push myself and never find out what I’m capable of. Of course I take extra precaution for my safety and I find that I’m more alert when I travel solo than when I travel with someone else as I always have the complacency of someone else watching out for me too.

There are annoying people who say they would only travel if they are with their family and my reply is, well, I don’t want to have to wait until I can travel with my family (parents and siblings or my own family). What if my family member isn’t free, can’t spare the budget or isn’t interested in the destination? What if I never got married? And why should I let all these stop me from travelling?