Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Good Die Young

My schoolmate passed early last Monday after less than a year of having cancer. I only found out after reaching office and was in shock and disbelief for the better part of the day. I mean, yes, I knew she had cancer and that the cancer made a comeback but I didn’t expect her to leave so soon. My late brothers hung on and fought against it for months before they finally lost to the evil C, so to find that she left only 16 days after doing her CT scan was shocking to say the least.

The prayer shared by another friend: In our sadness with the loss, let’s redha with her passing. She has met her Creator. May Allah accepts her and places her among the blessed ones. May He forgives her sins and accepts her ibadah. And may He grant the strength and patience to her family to accept the loss. Amin.

My late friend left behind a husband and four young kids, three boys and one girl. I grieve for them all. Rest in peace now, my friend. We will see each other again, just not on earth.


Al-Fatihah.