Friday, January 13, 2012

Just Passable Outing (JPO)

I flew to Johore last Saturday full of shopping hope. My Firefly flight was re-timed but no matter, as I had planned to go to Johor Premium Outlets on Sunday anyway. My friend and brother were already waiting when I arrived and after paying for the parking (what a slow queue at the autopay machine!), we drove off for an early dinner at a restaurant at Gelang Patah.

The restaurant must be popular because there were two tourist buses from Singapore when we arrived. From the restaurant, you could see the Port of Tanjung Pelepas on your right and Sembawang (Singapore) on your left. We walked out to the platform while waiting for food to arrive. The restaurant was already packed by the time we returned to our table (when did they arrive??) and our food had also arrived. The food was great by the way.

After dinner, we drove to Kulai as my friend wanted to collect her clothes. We then drove to Seelong to where our resort is. Trust me, you don’t want to go there. It was such a disappointment. Pathetic, tacky and tasteless and situated in the middle of nowhere too.

On Sunday, we checked out early and went to Pasir Gudang as my friend had to work in the morning (which she just found out on Friday). We only left after 12 and arrived at JPO after 1. It was drizzling all day in southern Johore but there were some covered walkways. There were a lot of shoppers (a lot from Singapore too) already there.

We walked around, walking in and out of stores. I must say I was quite disappointed. I reckon I can get some things in KL at more or less the same price during sales or promotion. Honestly, I can’t see myself making a return trip there. Foxtown it definitely isn’t.

We left after 3 and went to Senai town for a late lunch. After that, we went to the airport and they waited with until I boarded my flight.

Thanks dear for the great hospitality but I don’t think there will be a return trip any time soon. Really, had it not been for their company, my weekend would have turned out worse.