Monday, October 24, 2011

Six And The City

Let’s talk about shopping first (no, not sex)

Before I talk about the event that is the subject title of this entry, let me tell you about my Saturday. After tackling the household chores, I went to the dentist (forgot that my last visit was in May so rightfully I should only go in November) for my bi-annual visit. Then I went to Ampang Point to repair my anklet (what else is new) before catching a bus to the city. Inflicted some damage on my plastic when I made some investment at Pavilion. Before I left, I went for a fish spa at the 5th floor: I’d tried fish spa once before at another centre and quite like it. Then I headed over to KLCC where I spent at the Isetan Foodmarket (there was a Japan Fair) and The Body Shop sale.

I watched the local footie on Saturday night as none of the EPL matches particularly enticed me. Selangor lost (would you believe it?) to Terengganu while Negeri Sembilan triumphed over T-Team to set up a Terengganu – Negeri Sembilan final.

On Sunday morning, Abah and I went to visit Mummy. It’s been a year yesterday since she left us and not a day go by where I don’t miss her or stop thinking about her. I miss her terribly whenever I travel, before, during and after. She loved to travel (I inherit my travelling genes from my parents) and had travelled quite extensively. Not bad for a girl from Batu Pahat who was looked after by an older sister and who only stayed home.

Six and the City

Arsenal hosted the Orc army yesterday. The Professor, who celebrated his birthday on Saturday, took a gamble and fielded Chamakh instead of our SuperVan. We led from a Gervinho goal, assisted by a Cesc-esque Rambo pass. But the Orc army won a dubious free-kick and equalised through ex-Spud Crouch. The crowd was getting restless when at last Chamakh was withdrawn and Robin came on. There’s just no substitute for quality as the Flying Dutchman became our saviour yet again. Whatever will we do without him? For now: no RvP, no va va voom although I agree with Wenger that we’re not a one-man team. And yet we must not over-rely on him – unless at this age, he’s finally become invincible.


Joyeux anniversaire, Boss
No, Gervinho doesn’t like them either
With Rambo, who provided the aesthetic Cesc-esque assist

Flying Dutchman!



The other stories of the night are Man Shitty running riot at Old Trafford – sparking a worldwide twitter trend by Arsenal youngster Conor Henderson - and Chelshit losing to QPR.




Arsenal win, ManUre and Chelshit defeats, public holiday in mid-week... it’s going to be a lovely week ahead. We face Bolton in the Carling Cup tomorrow and then Chelshit on Saturday.