Thursday, September 29, 2011

6IX



It has now been six years of channelling my energy, directing my thoughts, and weaving words to express myself on this online graffiti board. It has become my therapeutic outlet, a playground, a place where I can run to and seek to rant and rave whether in long and diatribe detail or short, sweet and concise summaries of what I perceive, see, hear, think, feel and experience. It’s all a jumble of my reflections and opinions of things and reflects the confusing and confused me so what you see is indeed what you get. I also try to write about things I find interesting and indeed there are times when I feel like I have a lot to write and share only to find I can’t quite express it into words; I can only hope that I will improve my writing skills (and my ability to attract and retain readers – despite not advertising my blog).

Reflections turns six today. Thank you for taking the time to read my rants and raves, my puerile thoughts, my angst and joy, my fears and insecurities... and thank you for riding along with me in this journey through life. Long may this journey last (yes, I hope I’ll still find delight in writing because I know a few fellow bloggers who have stopped altogether).

~~~~~~~~

Arsenal boasted a changed side against Greek champions Olympiacos last night (with three CL debutants), more a Carling Cup side than a Premier League or let alone a CL side. We laboured but two goals from new boys Ox (his second goal in eight days) and Santos gave us a narrow victory in a mid-week which saw Arsenal become the sole English side to record a win. Ox became the youngest Englishman to score in the Champions League at 18 years and 44 days of age. Arsenal were also the only team in Europe with 11 different nationalities. Talk about diversity, eh.






Yes, our defence still needs working on but don’t forget it was an Arsenal side with makeshift defence last night.