Monday, July 11, 2011

Road Trip

I had an early start to Saturday (I get up early on Saturdays so that I can enjoy and make the most of my weekends. I reason that if I get up late or sleep in, half of the morning would be gone and what a waste that would be. But seriously, the times I get up on Saturday of late have been simply sacrilegious!). After performing prayers, I did the usual chores: house-cleaning and a bit of ironing (another thing I believe in is delayed gratification).

Abah and I left for Akak’s at 8.30 am and we reached her house in 30 minutes - no roadblock whatsoever. We left at 10 am and my brother-in-law drove us to the Silver State. We reached MRSM Lenggong at 1 pm and picked up my niece. After she signed out for the weekend, we drove to a nearby restaurant for lunch before driving on to Banding Lakeside Inn. Our rooms overlooked Temenggor Lake and you can enjoy the view from inside the room or out at the balcony. The standard room costs less but faces the man-made cliff.

I was feeling knackered and after prayers, I took a nap and woke up just before 6. My bro-in-law’s parents came over from Kedah and brought durians, mangosteens and rambutan. I just love durians and mangosteens and ate my fill.

We had dinner together at the hotel restaurant (there weren’t that many eateries in the area) before retiring to our rooms.

On Sunday, we checked out after 11 and crossed the bridge to check out Belum Rainforest Resort at Banding Island. This resort is beautiful and embodies the rainforest/lake environment. However, there are a lot of online complaints regarding the food and restaurant of that resort. I’m not trying to put it down just to alert you of the shortcomings that other visitors encountered at this resort.

After checking out the resort, we returned to our vehicles and drove to Gerik where we had lunch. Then we dropped off my niece at her boarding school and drove back to KL, stopping by outside Kuala Kangsar to perform prayers. We had an early dinner near Akak’s place. Abah and I left after prayers and we reached home at 8.30 pm. Hey, that’s 36 hours after we started!

It looks like another road trip may materialise sooner than I would have liked, to visit someone I’d rather not meet. Don’t worry, if it happens, I’ll tell you all about it.

~~~~~~~~

But there are many people I want to meet instead and most of them are already here!!! Except for my baby, Cesc ;’( Tell me you’re recuperating nicely back in London, Cesc, and that we’ll see you leading the squad in August and not slowly inching your way to FCB. My heart sinks and I die a little every time I read that.