Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back To December

UPDATED: Allow me, in this post, to go Back To December.

Dreams
I dreamt of Mummy and the dreams were so real and felt as if she was still around with us.

I dreamt (or had nightmares) of Tommy twice and both times, he woke me up immediately.

I dreamt I went on a solo trip to Uzbekistan, well I think it was Uzbekistan anyway. The people in my dreams had that Central Asian features. I hope to make this dream a reality one fine day, insyaAllah.

Football
As usual, Arsenal continued to excite and frustrate me. Nasri, player of the month of December, struck a brace - I can watch the second goal again and again ;’) – against Fulham. The team didn’t turn up against ManUre but played very well to win 3-0 over Chelshit; this was, however, followed by an away draw at Wigan. (I just realised most of the photos below are of Arsenal against teams in blue; am also including the photos from the match on New Year’s Day at Birmingham).



Nanananananananana Samir Nasri, Nasri, Samir Nasri!!!





He can be good but he can be equally shite like he was on Saturday against Leeds
He can score goals but I was screaming at him on Saturday ‘You dare call yourself a striker?!’





Malaysia did well and won the AFF Suzuki Cup for the first time.

Hong Kong
I was asked a few times if my niece and I were sisters. Hello? Thanks if you think I looked that young ;) but we don’t look similar at all to pass as sisters.

And despite the scarf, I had a lot of people talking to me in Mandarin and Cantonese. Wonder if they’ll talk Korean if I make a return visit there?

Missing Mummy
I continued to miss Mummy badly and even more acutely when I was on trips.

Reality Shows
Winners of The Amazing Race Asia 3 and The Biggest Loser Asia were revealed (I missed the final episode of TARA). As much as I like TARA 3 winners, Richard & Richard, I don’t understand why the organisers for both programmes allowed non-Asians in. Was it on the basis that they resided in Asia? But don’t you think that non-Asians would have a distinct advantage over Asians in feats and challenges? I’m not stereotyping here; look at the Olympics or the IAAF World Championship in Athletics? The track event winners are usually either Africans or Caucasians. Hardly any Asian won track events. And yes, I do know some Asian Americans who did very well in the US edition of The Amazing Race but that’s the US edition and they have participants representative of the country. Participants of TARA and TBLA are not representative of the continent at all.

Oh and one more thing. Why put Asia in the name when most participants are from South East Asia or East Asia? Why don’t we have participants from, say, Iran or Nepal or Myanmar too? That would better reflect the Asian-ness of the shows, no?

Trips
One of the trips I did in December had me wondering if I should just continue travelling solo and save myself from the stress, anger and irritation I felt in that trip.