Thursday, December 23, 2010

Taking Stock

Christmas is exactly a week before the New Year so yes, the New Year is just around the corner (next Saturday, to be exact. Yikes! That’s too soon!).




I read that we should be taking a psychological or personal stock on ourselves, reflecting on and assessing what we have done during the year. It means looking at both our personal and professional lives with honest eyes, reviewing the highs and lows, the successes and failures, the ups and downs, as truthfully as we can so that we can try to make the next year work better.

Let me share with you the three basic tips for successful New Year’s resolutions:




1. Make a list: Keep to absolutely essential things that you must deal with in the coming year.


Outline your goals
Make plans. Set a target


2. Use the list to focus: Making a list will give you more focus and direction in how you concentrate on those items you wish to deal with; and


E.g. LOL Cat’s to-do list


3. Tell other people: once you’ve drawn up your list, share them with your family and friends as a support system for seeing your resolutions through.




Taking stock helps us to realise the life we want and helps to ensure we are on the right track. I know what I want -

I want a work life balance
I don’t want to run around for everyone else without any ‘me time’
I want to be happy
I don’t want to struggle
I don’t want to feel stuck in a rut
I want to move at my own pace

We only have one life to live and we must get it right.

~~~~~~~~

Cesc, me and the furry and funny LOL Cats would like to wish everyone Happy Holidays and Happy New Year 2011! Feliz Navidad y Prospero año Nuevo!!! (I’m so grateful for the LOL Cats site for cheering me following Mummy’s departure and any of Arsenal’s loss).






And if you’re travelling, don’t forget to get to the airport at least two hours early.




I’ll leave you with some pictures of the Gunners’ Christmas lunch on 17 December and their visit to a hospital on 21 December 2010.