Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ahh!!! My Eye!!!

I know I haven’t been posting regularly of late. It’s not because I don’t have anything to write for I do have things to share and get off my chest. But somehow I seem to lose the ability to weave that into words. Writer’s block? It can’t be that when I can’t call myself a writer seeing all I do is just rant.


Do I have it?


It’s been just over a month since Mummy left and I miss her more than ever. I still cry occasionally and did more than my fair share last weekend (Arsenal’s defeat to the hated Spuds certainly didn’t help much. Damn you Arsenal for losing when we were leading by two goals. It hurt when we lost after leading by two goals, at home, to Spuds who had never won on Arsenal soil in 17 blinking years. I was so mad I sent many tweets to the club. And now we just lost another CL match. Brilliant. This Arsenal team will be the death of me. Wil the real Arsenal team please stand up already?). So when I felt some pain in my right eye yesterday, I thought it was because I cried too much over the weekend. It still hurt this morning so I braved myself and paid the doctor a visit.

She told me I have abscess in my eye. What? What? No wonder it hurts like crazy. She gave me some cream and anti-biotics and pills to chew. I have stopped taking anti-biotics for some time now but the pain is such that I will make an exception here.

For someone who’s afraid of pain, I seem to have doses of it of late.

~~~~~~~~

After a quiet November on the travelling front (and a disappointing footie month on the Arsenal front), I can’t wait for the month to end already. And as of now, it looks like I’ll be resuming my travels soon. I can’t wait. I won’t leave Abah alone for long anyway and besides, I still have my life to live. Even Mummy would understand that. Parents would not want us to stop living (although I think there are parents who want their children to live their lives or rather their dreams for them and I think this is wrong) or stop pursuing our interests.