Monday, August 23, 2010

666

Oh no, I’m not talking about the Number of the Beast here but of the weekend EPL scoreline. According to Dan Brennan, 61 goals were scored last weekend with Liverpool yet to meet Man Sh***y. More of that later.

I headed back to Ampang for the weekend but not before some retail therapy. KL Plaza’s long-overdue facelift should be completed soon and when the complex opens (in September I believe), it will be known as Fahrenheit. Uniqlo of Japan is one of the tenants as with other regular tenants such as The Body Shop and Vincci. Even Yves Rocher will move to Fahrenheit from Times Square, giving me yet another less reason to visit Times Square – there’s Borders of course but that’s about it; you can find its other tenants elsewhere. I had a quick browse in Pavilion but couldn’t find anything new as I had shopped there before a few times over the past few weekends. I moved on to my next target, KLCC, and didn’t spend much either. I dithered on buying some cookies for Eid but decided to do it later as the expiry dates were too close.

Back to mothership and rested well ahead of the game on Saturday. At 9.30 pm, my heart had already started pounding like crazy – I was excited yet nervous. Blackpool are not a team to be looked down upon, having announced their arrival with a fantastic thump over Wigan the weekend before. Besides, Arsenal have the tendency to think they could just show up and win (remember Hull?). Cesc, RvP, Djourou, Gibbs, Eboue and Vela were on the bench along with bad Fab (aka Flaps) so it was Song who performed alongside TV5. Theo scored a fine hat-trick (and yet not fine enough to stop mean Hansen’s comments), Rosický was left orchestrating the midfield in Nasri’s absence and he performed like the Little Mozart he is. Even Diaby didn’t look so diabolical, scoring the fourth goal for Arsenal (and what a brilliant goal it was!) and providing assist for the fifth. Chamakh did some Bendtner-esque act in front of goal before finally getting his name on the scoresheet. I’m so happy that he scored. I like him and I believe he will be one of our best. We could have hit double figures, seriously, but for some poor finishing (ahhh that’s Arsenal for you). And my Captain came on too; he did look a bit rusty, lacking match fitness and sharpness.



Theo hit the ground running

Chamakh was felled; I thought the straight red card was a bit harsh though
Shava converted
Theo scored another
Theo and Chamakh celebrate
And can you believe it, Diaby scored too!
Team huddle. Love Is All Around
Theo smashed in his third. He must have worn his magic boots that day
Trying on for size
‘This is what you should do,’ whispers the gaffer
Heads I win
And I’m finally on the scoresheet!
It’s for you


And that was the first 6-0 score; Chelsh*t followed up soon after with the same scoreline and Newcastle repeated it on Sunday. Own goal (OG) is back on fire for ManUre but not enough to help Froggie’s side *snicker*.



Gallas has crossed North London to join potato-heads Spuds (I believe Stoke did score a second goal). And apparently we’re close to signing Squillaci. Let’s hope we sign more than one. Oh and the famous Arsenal clock now has a new home.