Wednesday, February 03, 2010

What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted

As I walk this land of broken dreams
I have visions of many things
Happiness is just an illusion filled with sadness and confusion

.
.
.

The roots of love grow all around
But for me they come tumbling down (tumbling down)
Everyday heartaches grow a little stronger, (stronger)
I can’t stand this pain much longer

I walk in shadows searching for light
Go to the light, no comfort insight
Hoping it brings someone who cares (someone who cares)
Always moving but going nowhere

I am heartbroken. I feel the burden on my heart, the pain, the heartache and at times, it’s pretty intense. I have to force myself to smile when it’s all I can do to keep from crying and I have to try hard to push away all the negative thoughts and doubts from my mind.

Oh, there have been times when I question my love and my investment in it. And when I ponder, I can’t help thinking of all the time, effort and money that I have spent and invested to date. There have been countless sleepless nights, stomach pains and disruptions to my social life that I endure, suffer and go through for this love. I don’t want to question my loyalty and faithfulness but at times like these, I can’t prevent those doubts from creeping in. Is this love worth it?

And yes, there have been times when the others question my blind devotion. But have I cared? Of course not. You can’t sway me. Like a moth drawn to the light, I keep being drawn to the beauty, I keep being lured by the allure, and I keep on believing the promises made of our great future together. But I keep getting the occasional heartache that only love can bring, I keep getting my heart broken and consequently I keep feeling the pain. What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted?

People say love should be unconditional and so I suppose I should not expect anything out of it. But I can’t help thinking that I deserve to be rewarded, I deserve my love to be reciprocated, and that I deserve a return for my investment. Surely I deserve something out of this relationship after all? Hence my expectation and wishes and hope are not anything outrageous after all because surely it’s only fair for me to expect something. Does that make me bad or unrealistic to demand or expect something in return? I admit I’m high maintenance but my demands in this relationship are pretty low, attainable, achievable and not unrealistic nor impossible, hardly anything like the dowry demands of Puteri Gunung Ledang. Maybe it’s wrong to expect too much because I’ll just be disappointed when I don’t get what I want or expect.

Sadly though, things have gone this way. One person has come between us. This person must make leave to make this relationship work because of the danger and risk posed to the relationship. For love to be in the equation, this person must be subtracted because the presence is costing the relationship. I don’t see how things can progress otherwise and I strongly believe this is the only way out because unlike a moth, I don’t care to be burnt in this relationship. Hopefully this fact will be realised soon and matters will be resolved pronto.



Oh Arsenal, why do you keep breaking my heart like this? Oh Wenger, please get rid off Almunia: he’s such a liability to the team and a horrible, awful, terrible goalie. The way I see it, he’s going to cost us the title and the season. He is our weakest link – and Denilson too. Oh why couldn’t we buy a striker or a goalie? Why weren’t we after any striker, goalie or defender? Why, why, why?

This is my love story so don’t you dare scoff. I love my club, I love my marvellous now-columnist skipper. I love his optimism, I love it that he cares, and I love it that he’s staying positive: ‘If you don’t believe, you don’t win things.’ You’re my hero, Cesc, you’re my love. (And my Captain does not indulge himself in Tiger Woods-like activities. You’re pathetic, Captain Contradiction Terry-ble. Dad of the Year, my foot.)

Oh and by the way, Barcelona, disheartened as he may be, he’s not leaving OK? He’s NOT a loser.