Thursday, November 05, 2009

Flying Start

There are two sites that I rely heavily on when searching for lodging. However, even these two links are not enough as I discovered when trying to book lodging for a coming trip. In the end, I visited ratestogo.com and hotels.com, even Firefly Holidays and AirAsia Go Holiday before trying out a local site. Let me just share these: rates on ratestogo.com change every day (suffice to say I will not be trying it out again!) and that all five sites yielded totally different rates for what seemed to be similar rooms. Strange, eh?

In terms of cost (the priciest first) for this particular destination, they rank as follows: Firefly Holidays, Hotels.com, AirAsia Go Holiday, ratestogo.com and the local link (the local link not only costs the least, its rate is also inclusive of breakfast).

~~~~~~~~

Arsenal made a
flying start to November when they strolled (I think ‘flew’ would be a more appropriate word) through the Emirates against AZ Alkmaar. I’m telling you, it looked sooo easy at times to raise the bar. Classy skipper Cesc bagged a brace (he looked as surprise as anyone with his first goal) and Nasri made a wonderful return with the Arsenal’s second goal and even Diaby (!!) managed to get a goal. Three assists from Shava, pity he didn’t score. Let’s hope his goal-scoring days will return soon. Still, I guess Koeman was right about us having weakness for we let them leave with a consolation goal. For the match report, go here.










One match down and four more to go. Let’s give them some kisses and thumbs up, shall we.