Monday, November 23, 2009

Short

It was a brief and short weekend. A bright start to Saturday it was and I even thought how spring-like it was that I even abandoned my brolly for a while to enjoy the sun – which we see rarely of these days (no complaints though as I don’t mind the rain).

Saturday also picked up where Friday left off, in terms of shopping – yes, the Year-End Sale (Y.E.S.) started a day earlier for me (there is this big SALE sculpture outside Pavilion KL, near the GUCCI store). Isetan sale is splendid, if the amount I managed to spend so far could justify its splendidness. Yikes. I felt like Becky Bloomwood (the fictional shopping queen) on Saturday.

I was dithering over going to TheOrganisation’s annual dinner this year as I was still having a running nose and coughing. Delia’s call helped me decide but as I had given my card to someone else, I sat at another table with other friends. A fun night was had nevertheless – well, come to think of it, (most of) the food served was good and the MC was good too but the musical sketch left a bitter taste in my mouth. I hated the whole thing – the dialogue, the script, the acting, the singing and dancing. It was painful sitting there wondering when it would end.

We left shortly after 11 pm and I tuned in to the match and was unhappy that we didn’t take what few chances we had. There was a lack of focus and I’d like to think it was because of the international matches. Some players were not at their best and we really looked like we missed Robin.

Sunday was spent at the office %#*)%~@#$^. Towards the end of the long day, I was running a fever and had to pop a paracetamol (which I try not to resort to if I could help it) and go to bed early.

It was a short weekend and I want Batman badly to come and save us (because Robin is injured). Oh, Christian Bale would do very well for me (I have this weakness for dark-haired Caucasian males).