Monday, October 19, 2009

Busy Bee

I will be busy for the next five weeks but will still continue to blog as and when – for this is my outlet to express myself.

Arsenal are also busy – and they just completed the first of five matches in only two weeks on Saturday. Unfortunately, the match against the classless Birm was not shown live; the ManUre-Bolton and Sunderland-Liverpool matches were shown instead and I had to content myself with reading with one eye and watching the TV screen with another to keep tabs on the score-line. Speaking of the match at the Stadium of Light, who let the red balloon out? Why, it was a Kop fan after all, a boy of about ten years old. He may very well cost his club the season, silly boy! Hugs to my Liverpool friends – you are always welcome to cross over and support the team in Red and White.

I actually set the alarm for 2.30 am to watch the delayed match as scheduled by Star Sports but when I turned on the TV in my semi-comatose state, found they were showing the Brazilian GP qualifying session instead, or rather they were waiting to re-commence the session as it was pouring. Trudged back to bed at 3 am when there was no sign that the promised delayed match would be shown ever.

Sunday programmes were disrupted and all because of baseball. I normally don’t mind watching baseball (and the New York Yankees were playing too) but I was still sore at having been deprived of my 90 minutes of Arsenal viewing that I got increasingly irritated as the match went on and on and on.

Anyway, as we all know, van Persie, Diaby and Shava all scored to give Wenger an early birthday present (let’s hope the Gunners will give more presents to their fans in the upcoming matches). We let in a goal though *expletive*.








In other Arsenal-related news, Clichy talks to the Times and Shava to Henry Winters. In other news, go here for the list of nominees for the 2009 Ballon d’Or.

Before I forget, I’d like to express my gratitude and appreciation to everyone who met me in person to convey their sympathy, who contacted me via phone calls, text messages and emails, and who treated (and promised to treat) me to meals in an effort to cheer me up over my recent misfortune. Thanks peeps. I really, really appreciate it ;’)