Monday, May 25, 2009

Toon Tears On The Tyne

It wasn’t dubbed Survival Sunday for nothing as the Premiership lives of three teams were hanging in the balance. And in the end, it was Toon that crashed out of the Premiership, joining bowing Boro and WBA. The Black Cats survived and so did the Tigers (saved by the skin of their teeth).

Arsenal finished the rollercoaster season of division, discord and disappointment with a flourish (a stylish win over the Potters) and, more importantly, with harmony.










BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Arsenal’s Robin van Persie 8.01 (on 90 minutes) who played like a man possessed.

And Captain Cesc has been cleared by the FA - really, this has dragged on for ridiculously too long – and we all know (and now it’s proven) that he’s no spitter, so there.

I also watched the AC Milan-Roma game last night - there was a flurry of goals in the second half but unfortunately Milan lost in the end – and the Wolfsburg-Bremen game on Saturday evening (the host won the game and Bundesliga for the first time. Congratulations Wolfsburg!).

~~~~~~~~

That time of the year again - to hunt for a birthday present for Abah. Not the easiest thing to do even for a shopaholic like me. I wasn’t looking for a wallet or watch or fragrance or footwear - but still couldn’t resist buying him a pair of Crocs sandals, which may see their debut in five years’ time (no, not the bulky ugly ones, mind you) and a pair for myself too (!). I really don’t know what else to get him. It’s always easier to get something for Mummy.

I can’t wait for the summer sale. Have set my eyes on a tote bag since last year (and been disappointed twice, during last year’s summer and winter sales) and don’t want to be disappointed for the third time. Alas I also have unplanned expenses that suddenly popped up out of nowhere; have completed (and parted money too, boo hoo) three out of four of them expenses already (fixed pearl necklace clasp; fixed Crocs shoes; and sent watch to replace strap). Yet to fix gold bangle though. Money, money, money, must be funny, in a rich man’s world indeed.

~~~~~~~~

Days after America voted Kris Allen over Adam Lambert as the new American Idol and I still wonder, ‘Why, America, why?’. I watched the repeats of the final showdown and results night and still think Adam should win. He sang Mad World (and so many others) so beautifully and hauntingly. Heck, he has such an amazing vocal acrobatic talent and flexibility as he proved week after week (delivered with amazing awesome showmanship) and what’s more, he’s sexy and flamboyant too. Thanks Mrs A for calling me to inform of the result.

~~~~~~~~

My neighbour informed me this morning that she saw a dead orangey cat in my porch some time during my absence. Oh. My. God. No wonder I haven’t seen Ginger Ale since I came back. Instead I saw a bob-tailed male black cat strutting around the neighbourhood of late. (And I wonder if the mysterious spade that looked like it suddenly fell out of the sky is in any way related to the dead Ginger Ale).

Rest in peace, Ginger Ale. I shall think fondly of you often.